Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Advertisements when using remote

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Advertisements when using remote

Message 1 of 4
(992 Views)

Does anyone know how to disable Verizon's advertisements that it periodically (seems very frequent, though) bombards the screen with when I want to see what is on TV or the DVR?  I pay them $200 a month for TV services; I highly resent the continued advertisement from the company that has already gained my services.  Please help, as this issue above all is one that will cause me to drop Fios when my contract comes due, if the ads can't be eliminated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Advertisements when using remote

Message 2 of 4
(979 Views)

Hi cbucka,

The way to get rid of the full-screen ads that disrupt the pathway to the Guide and DVR is:

Menu > Settings > Television > Interactive TV > Disable > OK

Menu > Settings > Television > Recommendations > Turn Off > OK > Exit

I think that the second one is the one that actually does it, but I don't miss the on-screen interactive stuff that pops up on channels like CNN and History either.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(688 Views)

I do not get the choice, recommendations, on my menu.  I get interactive tv then able/disable.  What is interactive tv?  When I disable it what options are disabled, just the advertisements?

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(677 Views)

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.