Switch Account

After Quantum upgrade client box channels won't change & press C to change modes message?

After Quantum upgrade client box channels won't change & press C to change modes message?

Copper Contributor patrickpiteo
Copper Contributor
I press the remote and it just stays on the same channel. The only fix is a reboot. The issue comes back after a time even after reboots. Also what is the message on the info banner after you change channels that says press c to change modes?

Who tested this latetes mess of an update???
7 REPLIES 7
Copper Contributor Coachdny
Copper Contributor
Same issue I have today.. Serious Verizon ?
Contributor Jimfof1913
Contributor

I just upgraded to Quantum and am having the same problem. I can't believe this problem is still there after 2 years.

Contributor cmarv
Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(1,255 Views)

This is also a problem for me.  

This is how I describe it:

This happens pretty regularly on one of my non-DVR digital set top boxes.

After it is rebooted I can use the guide to change channels.  I can browse channel line up and use the SELECT button on my remote to change the channel.

HOWEVER, many times the guide "gets stuck" and I can no longer view the guide and use the select button on the remote to change the channel.

The behavior is that no matter what channel you are watching (for example MSNBC), when you use the guide in the Favorites View mode, and you select a different channel from the guide, the channel changes to the first channel in your favorites list.

There is no easy fix.  I reboot the router and it doesn't necessarily fix the problem.

Sometimes rebooting the router and the set top box at the same time fixes the problem, but usually not.

This makes the guide totally useless. 

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP

Quantum is not 2 years old. Barely a year if that.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Copper Contributor Frustrated_User
Copper Contributor

Hi there

I am having close to the same issue as well. If I use the channel up and down buttons, I can change the channel. If I try to put the channel in using the number keys, it goes back to the same channel I was on.

Rebooting the box and router fixes it. Sometimes for a few hours other times for a few days. It only happens on one box my other two work fine

Does anyone know if this will be fixed with the new guide update that is happening?

Also when I use the remote any time I use the 0 button it puts the 0 in two times and scrolling skips lines. Is there a way to fix this?

Contributor bellhead
Contributor

Yep, I just got Quantum a few days ago and several times one of the client boxes will not allow me to change channels no matter what I do short of a power-off cycle reboot of the hub -DVR box and the client box. Seems like a bug.

Copper Contributor StanSpotts
Copper Contributor

This just started happening for me after the most recent update a few days ago.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.