After a power outage my STB says WARNING: Unable to detect a network connection...
sevomd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have rebooted both the router and the stb several times... checked verizon website and saw no outages reported... any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After a power outage my STB says WARNING: Unable to detect a network connection...
sevomd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its fixed... I read the next topic...and unplugged all the LAN ports...and it just started working...Voila... Thanks to all for the response...

View solution in original post

Re: After a power outage my STB says WARNING: Unable to detect a network connection...
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sevomd wrote:

I have rebooted both the router and the stb several times... checked verizon website and saw no outages reported... any suggestions?

Do you have working internet service in the house? Are both lights on the router white, or is there a red light on it? which boxes do you have, the Fios one or the 1100 series boxes?

0 Likes
sevomd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes internet is fine...and I have the VMS-1100... whenever i reboot the stb...i get this screen saying "preparing network connection" then after a few minutes it says it cannot detect network connection...

0 Likes
sevomd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its fixed... I read the next topic...and unplugged all the LAN ports...and it just started working...Voila... Thanks to all for the response...

Db5683

Hello, I am having the same problem you had months ago. How did you fix it ?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Db5683 wrote:

Hello, I am having the same problem you had months ago. How did you fix it ?

Unplug power to the router. Unplug ALL connections to the router. except WAN and coax connections to the router. Plug the router back in. When it establishes its connections, plug in LAN cables one at a time.

0 Likes
Db5683

Thanks for the reply. I actually had a technician at the house today who discovered the outside coax cable was water logged, and the 4 way splitter at the main box wasn’t providing enough juice to power all of my boxes. He replaced the 4 way splitter with a 3 way splitter (removing an old coax line to a room that no longer has a box) and cut the rotted top of the outside coax off, and re crimped it further down the wire. Problem seems to have been fixed...for now. 

0 Likes