Alexa / Amazon Echo No Longer changing channels with Fios Skill
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

All of a sudden starting intermittently last night and all day today, when I ask Alexa to switch to a channel, it would acknowledge that it was switching to another channel. (Ex: "Tuning to the History Channel on Fios") And then it always says: "Sorry, FIOS is having trouble" regardless of the channel I'm trying to switch to.  Still trying to resolve this. Thanks.

Things I've tried:

-Rebooted the Fios Arris VMS1100 STB 

-Rebooted the Fios Quantum Router

-Removed this Alexa Fios skill and re-enabled it. (Linked STB and Alexa device)

-Restarted the applicable Alexa device.  

Still no resolve. (We can still change channels with the STB remote) Thx.

This Alexa skill has been working flawlessly for almost a year.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alexa / Amazon Echo No Longer changing channels with Fios Skill
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it to work!

I simply linked a 2nd Amazon Alexa device to the single Fios STB and then both worked. And then I unlinked the 2nd Amazon Alexa device and it still worked. Sounds like a software glitch/corruption with Amazon Alexa software.

View solution in original post

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got it to work!

I simply linked a 2nd Amazon Alexa device to the single Fios STB and then both worked. And then I unlinked the 2nd Amazon Alexa device and it still worked. Sounds like a software glitch/corruption with Amazon Alexa software.

Theking11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue as many others. Namely, tell the Amazon Echo to change channels on my FiOS stb, it announcing that it was changing the channel and then nothing would happen. After much trial-and-error, I found that my issue had to do with the fact that I did not have the right stb linked to my echo device. I have four stbs in my house and each are assigned a four digit number. I didn't know which was which until I went on My Dashboard on the customer support tools. Down at the bottom of the list on the right hand side you can identify the four digit number. Then, go on the Alexa app and find your device, mine is Amazon Echo. Check to see what devices are linked to that and make sure that stb number is linked. If not, hit link new devices and find the stb number and link it. This solved my problem  immediately.