Re: All DVR recording deleted .... again !
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before you pay for any content, make sure you check on demand as well as any apps for the channels in question.

A number of channels have apps that allow you to watch back episodes.

My assumption is that Verizon (and possibly other providers) don't view DVRs as a vehicle for long term storage.

You are always a HD or SW blip away from losing it.

0 Likes
lwtmpvzn12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to add in response to eryeal2's post about DVR being at 100%, same happened with ours during the 1st total memory loss back in October.  However, during the Feb 2016 Phase 2 of this really sad error/loss, our DVR was only at 62% full.

lwtmpvzn12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I applaud the 'anchor against cord cutting'.  After 2x total DVR losses in span of 8 months, we are seriously considering cutting the cord as well.  No reason to pay these very high bills if the DVR programs are incapable of being stored.

My Recordings were deleted
ryder85
Enthusiast - Level 3

-I was watching FiOS TV earlier this evening (Feb 15, 2016) and at 6:31PM the picture froze for a couple of moments and then the DVR began rebooting.  (Prior to this reboot my DVR was 63% full).  After about 3 minutes the picture signal was back (after hitting the  "Menu" button as requested on the screen).  While I was checking the operation of some of the functions I went to "View Recordings" and ALL my recordings were gone! Wiped out! "DVR 0% full". 

-I then called Verizon technical support and was told that this is "a common problem".  I then informed him that I'd been with Verizon for 3 years and this has never happened.  The technician then informed that it was a DVR error.  I requested to take my DVR in and exchange it for another one.  The technician then replied that his wouldn't help because it is a software problem. He said it began happenind after the last "update" about 2 months ago and that Verizon is aware of the problem and working on it

-I asked, "then this can happen again?" and he replied yes.  I then asked what good is the DVR if you can't count on your recordings being saved.  He then informed me sarcastically that "the DVR is not meant as a permanent storage device". I asked if the DVR hard drive functions like the one in my computer and he replied "yes".  I then gave up as this guy didn't appear to be adequately informed/trained.  Why am I being charged full price for a knowingly faulty service (for at least 2 months)?  My sister has Cox and still has some of her figure skatings programs saved from a couple of years ago.

-So, I can't confidently save programs on the Verizon DVR and I'm prevented from recording them on my DVD recorder (even public access programs)?  And I'm paying for this service?

-----------------------------------

Questions:

-1. When is this recording erasure problem going to be addressed? 

-2. Can I get a partial refund until it is addressed?

TabbVA
Enthusiast - Level 2
Add another "me too" for DVR that deletes recordings, and now won't record more than a few shows. I even had a repair person come out and check things out, and it was declared a "known problem. " but when I called to see when a fix might happen, it was as if they never heard of such a problem. The problem is still not solved, but I just got tired of being shuttled from tech support to customer service. And being on hold for more than an hour at a time.
0 Likes
eryeal2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it's about time Verizon addressed this issue - this is their flagship product, the Quantum service with Quantum DVR/router/etc.   I've had DVR's for years and years, and never once have they randomly deleted all the shows.  I understand that mechanical issues happen .01% of the time - but this is not it.

It's clear this is now a widespread problem, that has happened at some points in the past, but now is happening A LOT in the last few weeks.

Verizon needs to address this immediately, and let us know what is going on - and inform their technical support folks.   We're all tired of hearing this is a "known issue" - with no fix, it will happen again, etc etc.    Their CS reps don't understand it seems the importance people place on DVR's - we had months and months of recorded children's shows and movies for our children.    They are all gone - yet Verizon advertises constantly "upgrading" your DVR service to record 12 shows at once, etc.   And yet they are telling us that the DVR's aren't "meant to be permanent"?    Who is recording 12 SHOWS AT ONCE and watching them all within 24 hours?   What a ridiculous statement.

cartermb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just happened to us, too.  My wife is flipping out.  Kids said that they were having trouble recording for the last couple of days, and the DVR was saying that it was full.  I hadn't viewed anything on the DVR in the last few days, so I couldn't confirm or deny that part.  But last night, it froze, went blank, reset and came back.  No big deal there, but now today my wife reports (and I confirmed on my Verizon FiOS app on my phone) that the DVR was wiped clean.

That is infuriating, and we'll be seeking a discount.  We had lots of kid movies recorded that the kids watch over and over, and my wife has several series recording that she catches up on a few days later.  I know we can access some of that stuff On Demand, but it is nowhere near convenient or fast, and On Demand doesn't track what we already watched.

Did I mention this is infuriating?  FIX IT VERIZON!

utahcrazy
Enthusiast - Level 1
All I can say is Quantum has been a problem. I have had 3 DVR's now and all my shows erased. They gave me a $50 credit and said they can't guarantee it won't happen again. Once my contract is up I am done with Verizon. In addition this these issues and being forced to go to AOL which I hate Verizon will be losing a lot of business from us.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't seen the problem but some have said it only occurs when you run low on disc space.  If so try making sure you pick what to delete before you run out.

0 Likes
TabbVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

it seems that some of us have a huge issue with the DVR that Verizon is unwilling to fix or even acknowledge. I'm happy for the credits, and I'm glad they are working on it, but I am miserable that our DVR can't record more than 6 or 7 shows before reaching capacity. I am wondering why I have this problem, and others in my community apparently don't. I don't understand why it can't be fixed by replacing my DVR box or flipping software switches somewhere. And I am outraged that every time I seek help, the Verizon representatives act as if this is the first time they have heard of the problem, -- and then not addressing the core issue. Their premier product seems to be horribly broken. And their customer service is awful.

0 Likes