All On Demand Free Movies STOP PLAYING....then unable to resume where left off....
JustinObserver
Enthusiast - Level 1

First let me preface this conversation stating I have rebooted computer router and cable box 4 times and rebooted through on line help system.  So far it does not help.

I am having issues with ON DEMAND free movies. They start like normal, then stop all of a sudden when 15 mins into the movie as if I pressed the stop button. Unfortuneatly it does this with all On Demand FREE movies...  When I re-open the movie and press Resume Play, the movie starts from the very beginning, not where I was cut off....Been going on now for about a week or so....any suggestions besides rebooting....done that 4 times and the On Line Chat for Help is down.....

0 Likes
OnDemand Movies
C_A1

I enjoy watching free OnDemand movies.  Within the past three weeks, some of the movies stop in the middle and the screen returns to the menu.  Initially, I thought this was a minor glitch with the specific movie. But after this has happened with a number of different movies, I realize that this is a major problem.  Why is this happening?! This does not encourage me to pay for any movies! 

0 Likes
Re: OnDemand Movies
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi C_A,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit the Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including "Ask Verizon," their virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: All On Demand Free Movies STOP PLAYING....then unable to resume where left off....
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have more than 1 stb, does it happen one all?

is it just movies or TV programs as well?

what model stb do you have?

do you get any pixelation?

have you tried checking cable connections starting at ont?

0 Likes
fios on demand
tsidkenu

why does fios on demand keep shutting down in the middle of a movie

0 Likes
Re: All On Demand Free Movies STOP PLAYING....then unable to resume where left off....
Lawdogmd

I am having similar issues with on-demand TV programming as well.  Overall, the new On Demand structure is horrible and takes several minutes on occasion to navigate through the cumbersome menu structure.  The new format, for me at least (with Quantum router) extremely slow and tedious.  

0 Likes
Soja1

I am having a similiar problem with multiple diffeerent movies, reseting the router doesnt work.  the only solution i have gotten from verizon is to refund me for the movie.  But now it is happening on premium channels like showtime that i pay for, watching a documentary Zero Days and around 40-50 mins into movie it just starts over.  This has happened on more programs as well as movies i have paid for its extremely aggitating to watch half a program and not be able to finish watching it.

Please fix these bugs.......

0 Likes