Alphabetic Channel List
DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday we received the new improved last channel rail and lost the alphabetized channel list you get when you hit the left arrow button.  Is it gone for good?  It was the best way to find a channel when you don’t know the number.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alphabetic Channel List
DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted customer support and she said that the "developers" said yes, the alphabetic channel list went away when they modified the last channel rail. (Why is it called a rail?)  She said that maybe it will come back someday.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) You can disable the last channel rail feature. It is under menu-settings-television Not sure if that will restore what you are looking for.

2) You can always use the search feature (hit B button or Menu Search) to find any channel or program.

DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can also bolt an old coat hanger to the back of my TV and pick up some of the local stations. 

So, Verizon has revoved something that enhanced my viewing experience?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

We are all users here.

I never knew that function exisited

I was just providing an alternate option

0 Likes
DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry.  Didn't mean to come across as ungrateful for the response.  I'm old and get cranky when these technology companies take away something I use a lot.  It seems to me that products should just get better as time goes by.

So, how would I find out if this is a bug or a new feature?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately not always easy.

You can try contacting support.

I would suggest twitter @verizonsupport as you will spend less time for a non critical issue.

You can try calling 1800Verizon and ask for support.

DavidMoore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted customer support and she said that the "developers" said yes, the alphabetic channel list went away when they modified the last channel rail. (Why is it called a rail?)  She said that maybe it will come back someday.