And also beeping noise from STB
Flywolf1
Just noticed that the hd stb I received today is not working but also has really annoying beeping noisewhen it's turned on. you know the high pitch noise that adilt can't hear.... This might be a broken one. Instead of sending the old stb back, can i resend this hd stb back and request a new one?
0 Likes
Re: And also beeping noise from STB
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Flywolf wrote:
Just noticed that the hd stb I received today is not working but also has really annoying beeping noisewhen it's turned on. you know the high pitch noise that adilt can't hear.... This might be a broken one. Instead of sending the old stb back, can i resend this hd stb back and request a new one?

Hello,

Yes, you can request a new STB.

Try contacting Verizon Customer Service:

via livechat at verizon.com/contactus

OR by calling 1-800-837-4966.

Let them know about the noise on the STB.  Do note that they may transfer you to Technical Support to troubleshoot.

They can ship out a new HD STB to you and you can return the extra STBs by mail.

OR

you can contact a local FiOS TV store to see if they can help and can switch out the STB for you.

Explain your situation first so that they can check for you beforehand prior to making the trek to the store.

For a list of FiOS TV stores in the area:

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

You can also return the extra STBs to the store (make sure to get a receipt!).

Hope this helps!