Android Streaming App in Google Play Store
PJL
Master - Level 3

Tuesday 6/11:  The app is now available for Android devices in the Google Play Store.  It installed fine, but when attempting to log in I receive the identical error that occurs when trying to use the remote DVR app.  Even though I enter a correct user name and password when I tap sign in the process doesn't work -- I get the "Please enter both the user ID and password" screen. This is with Android 4.2.2, and is the same function that broke on the remote DVR app back in January.  Other FiOS apps work -- it is the streaming app (Verizon FiOS Mobile) and the remote DVR functionality of the Verizon My FiOS app that do not work.   I want to stress:  All other login processes work for the MyFiOS app -- it's just the remote DVR login and now the one in the FiOS Mobile app.

I just went back to a prior Android version (2.3.7) on the same device booting from an old SD card, and of course it worked.  It's actually quite good.  So this confirms it is not a problem with my Verizon account.  So this app may work for some and not for others. 

Re: Android Streaming App in Google Play Store
maxwellb2

I just downloaded the app today and I get the same error.

I enter my username and password, and click Sign In, and it tells me "You must enter both the username and password." What gives??

0 Likes
Re: Android Streaming App in Google Play Store
PJL
Master - Level 3

At this point you cannot have any special character in the user name and/or password.  Verizon say thery're fixing this in the next update to the app.

0 Likes