Android remote app volume not working
TurkeyHunter1

I recently downloaded the Android remote control app for my HTC phone.  Everything except the volume control works fine.  When I try and control the volume, it only brings up the display for the DVR volume, not the TV volume and it doesn't do anything when I change it.  I have to pick up the remote that came with the DVR to change it.  Apparently the DVR remote has the TV code programmed in.  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Android remote app volume not working
PJL
Master - Level 3

@TurkeyHunter wrote:

I recently downloaded the Android remote control app for my HTC phone.  Everything except the volume control works fine.  When I try and control the volume, it only brings up the display for the DVR volume, not the TV volume and it doesn't do anything when I change it.  I have to pick up the remote that came with the DVR to change it.  Apparently the DVR remote has the TV code programmed in.  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

The Andorid app actually controls the volume for the STB, not the TV itself, but by controlling the STB volume (if the audion soung option is set properly) you can control the TV sound.  Apparently you have the Volume Control setting set to "Fixed" not "Variable" in the STB Main Menu --> Settings --> Audio --> Volume Control option.  With the Variable setting the Android app controls the sound level for me.

0 Likes
TurkeyHunter1

Thanks, I will give it a try.

0 Likes
TurkeyHunter1

Well, that didn't work.  All it did when I varied the volume was to go from a set level of audio to the equivalent of a "mute" when turned all the way down.

0 Likes
TurkeyHunter1

By the way, it was already set to variable.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@TurkeyHunter wrote:

By the way, it was already set to variable.

Weell it works for me...if anything further comes to mind I will post back.

0 Likes
lordofring
Enthusiast - Level 3

@TurkeyHunter wrote:

Well, that didn't work.  All it did when I varied the volume was to go from a set level of audio to the equivalent of a "mute" when turned all the way down.

Probably you might be using HDMI.Volume control wont work with HDMI(digital output) 

0 Likes
TurkeyHunter1

I am using HDMI.  My TV is 1080p resolution so why would I use anything else.  I have not looked to see if the Motorola box has a Toslink output on it.  If it does, that might be the solution.

0 Likes
wade12
I have the same problem. It makes the remote app fairly useless. Is this just an oversight on Verizon's part?
0 Likes