Another voice - Menu changes - terrible - hard on the eyes and difficult on the brain
dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon seeing the new menu on Verizon my first thought was "why does Verizon feel the need to copy Comcast?".  I would think people who have Fios do not want anything that reminds them of Comcast. 

2nd thought on trying to use the new set up - just plain hard on my eyes and more difficult for my brain to focus.

My boyfriend asked "don't they test these things before they go live?".

The recent changes do not make for cohesive enjoyable viewing.  I also do not need suggestions of other tv shows to watch. Thanks but no thanks.

I use to think Fios was superior to all, that if i moved i would only relocate to areas that have Fios.  No so anymore.  More than ever now, willing to give another company a shot.

Very very disapointed at whomever approves these changes at Fios.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Another voice - Menu changes - terrible - hard on the eyes and difficult on the brain
Neal6
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Another voice - Menu changes - terrible - hard on the eyes and difficult on the brain
Neal6
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
sleonard1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could not agree more. Horrible, awful, and completely unnecessary.

The suggestions, none of which I have found helpful or of interest, are so large as to make searching next to impossible. I don't know how large the TV set needs to be in order for the new screens to be helpful, but I certainly don't own one.

Right on target with the difficulty trying to read the screen. The red bar on the right is barely perceptible.

Can we at least have the choice of "Traditional OSG" and "New Fangled OSG?" Vz was smart enough to allow us to disable the useless "home screen." Perhaps they'll be so kind as to make the option available for the guide.

dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the thought but I get access denied if i try the link, copy and pasting or typing it in didn't help either.  I will search for that another way so thanks for the tip that the suggestions can be removed.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since I now have Quantum STB's, I haven't see this, Yet.  But over history every change that Verizon has made to the menu's has HAD people saying they are terrible, hard to read, etc.  Sometimes at the same times others are praising the changes.

0 Likes
MissMia1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new guide is horrible!  I cannot believe that anyone can view it without squinting or looking away every few seconds. Hard to read - colors are distracting - mkes my head hurt!

DrOnet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just joining in saying how much this new guide sucks!!! Colors are BAD and the DVR guide is now horrible!!! And like someone else said - I don't need any recommendations, and honestly your recommendations usually have absolutely nothing to do with what I was watching. I think Sons of Anarchy resulted in a recommendation of several news shows! 

Please get rid of this monstrosity and quick fixing what isn't broke and instead focus on fixing what is broke!!

dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, agree that some will like the changes, but if you go by the responses posted here, it is overwhelming negative towards the new changes.  As many have mentioned Verizon would have gone in a better direction had they allowed people to pick either their own colors OR be allowed to stay in the pervious mode.   They have also added additional steps for some items.  Hitting an A button now when OK was OK.  One has to stumble around to locate the A button , while OK is at your fingertips.  The changes are not terribly user friendly.

0 Likes
dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for mentioning this - we located the disable for a few of the items shown on the screen.  Found under settings, notifications.  It did help to clean up the screen a bit.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dbh31 wrote:

yes, agree that some will like the changes, but if you go by the responses posted here, it is overwhelming negative towards the new changes.  As many have mentioned Verizon would have gone in a better direction had they allowed people to pick either their own colors OR be allowed to stay in the pervious mode.   They have also added additional steps for some items.  Hitting an A button now when OK was OK.  One has to stumble around to locate the A button , while OK is at your fingertips.  The changes are not terribly user friendly.

Posts here alone are unlikely to effect any future development.  Few Verizon people will ever see them.

0 Likes