Re: Another voice - Menu changes - terrible - hard on the eyes and difficult on the brain
jimmysr

I have to congratulate the team that created these new menus; you have created an electronic Edsel! Did anyone look at what was created? Were there any consumer tests made? Obviously no one gathered any user feedback or paid attention to what was said. The guide is now unreadable. Between the small fonts and the poor contrast, it is almost useless. The value of a remote control is that changes to the TV can be made without getting up. Now, thanks to your innovative menu, I am forced to pick up my remote and walk over to the TV in order to read the guide. I regret my recent decision to renew my contract; I’m calling Cablevision. At least I can read the menu to use what I am paying for

0 Likes
I Want My Old Menu Back!
pooh4591

I hate the new menu, a few weeks before it was changed I had a message on the TV that said there was going to be changes for the better it was not changed for the better for the people it was changed better for Verizon why would you take out the part of the menu that said Play All, or Delete All, those 2 things made it very easy for when you tape seires I tape seires and now when I want to watch them I can olny play 1 at a time it is a pain in the rear I used the Play All every night and now that you took that out when I play something that I use to sleep by when it goes off in an hour it wake me up PLEASE PUT THE PLAY ALL, AND DELETE ALL BACK! It is time for me to renew my contract and I am not going to do that untill I am happy with the menu on my DVR! Thank you {edited for privacy}pooh4591  

0 Likes
Hate new menu
Smokester
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new menu is terrible,  the old scheme was much better.  The  black background and smaller letters make it hard on the eyes and difficult to read.  If ti is not soon changed back I will change to another provider.

Re: Hate new menu
MrSoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I couldn't agree with you more. The new menu is terrible for all the reasons that you mention. Who at FIOS thought this was a better menu? That person must have Cablevision! 

According to the email Verizon sent out, it was customers like us that requested the menu be enhanced. I don't think so. Nobody asked me. If Verizon's 1990's website had an 'Contact Us' email link, I'd let them know what I think.   

0 Likes
Channel Guide and DVR Menus updates
eskwire13

I've been away for a few days and returned to find the Channel Guide and DVR Menus changed.  Definitely, NOT GOOD!  Can't think of any other way to describe than HORRIBLE!  Just called Customer Service, escalated to supervisor, they are receiving thousands and thousands of complaints.  I was told they may make some changes or tweaks to the new update but will not be going back or restoring back to what we had before which was basically perfect.  New update not an improvement.  If they don't tweak it, bring back the old software or give us option of old software, we'll be closing our account and moving on.......sorry to say.  THIS NEW UPDATE IS JUST AWFUL AND WHOEVER MADE THIS BRILLIANT DECISION SHOULD BE FIRED! I'm giving them 30 days to make this right.

0 Likes
why does the new guide look so cheap ??
jasen94
Should be upgraded not downgrade
0 Likes
Re: Another voice - Menu changes - terrible - hard on the eyes and difficult on the brain
Lesliesez
I logged on just to voice my opinion about the visibility. Awfully hard on the eyes. My 19 year old who has great vision even complains that it is hard for her to see. I do not like it one bit.
0 Likes
Lesliesez
I agreeeee!!!! Awful!!
0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I'm in northern Virginia and got the upgrade the other night. I don't have much of a problem with it at all. I like it better than the old guide. The fonts are just a bit smaller but not much. My wife said the same thing and likes it. Maybe as we use it more I may have some troubles but after  a couple of days I don't have much complaints at all.

0 Likes
The new color scheme is very difficult to read
Rdehart
I can't really offer an opinion about the navigation changes - I can't stand to look at the screen. I exit from the channel guide as quickly as possible and I'm giving up on on demand. I guess it's time to go back to Netflix and find a different dvr solution.
0 Likes