Re: Any STB RF remote capable?
stockejl

My reply is directed to "concerned user".  You sent a reply a coupe of weeks ago saying "But if it helps, the STB has a plug on the back that can be used to connect an extender.  I have an IR receiver plugged directly into it.  "  I have the 2500 STB and would like to know which IR extender you use to get remote control of the STB.  I want to put this STB in a closest but control te TV it is cabled to with the IR remote.  I purchased a single eye Visible IR emitter extender but the plug did not fit the back of the 2500 STB.  Also tried the extenders I had from Comcast, with a different plug, but they didn't work either.  Look forward to your reply.  Thanks JLDJS

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@jldjs wrote:

My reply is directed to "concerned user".  You sent a reply a coupe of weeks ago saying "But if it helps, the STB has a plug on the back that can be used to connect an extender.  I have an IR receiver plugged directly into it.  "  I have the 2500 STB and would like to know which IR extender you use to get remote control of the STB.  I want to put this STB in a closest but control te TV it is cabled to with the IR remote.  I purchased a single eye Visible IR emitter extender but the plug did not fit the back of the 2500 STB.  Also tried the extenders I had from Comcast, with a different plug, but they didn't work either.  Look forward to your reply.  Thanks JLDJS

Not who you directed your question to, but I believe others have said that Verizon will supply it free of charge.  Try searching the forum to find more details (I don't have such a setup).

0 Likes
micha1999

google   "Next Generation Remote Control Extender" -

With that device your normal remote becomes an RF remote without changing its shape: The transmitter is part of the battery. Its genius ! I used it for a couple of weeks now, and so far it is great. And it cost only ~ $40 on Amazon.

-Micha

0 Likes
RayFerg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just dropped Directv for Verizon and have three tv's in my Mancave that will need separate boxes to be controlled individually, PLEASE tell me this issue has been resolved and that I'll be able to assign my remotes to control a specific box.....?

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes