Any STB RF remote capable?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any STB RF remote capable?

Message 11 of 13
(3,183 Views)

My reply is directed to "concerned user".  You sent a reply a coupe of weeks ago saying "But if it helps, the STB has a plug on the back that can be used to connect an extender.  I have an IR receiver plugged directly into it.  "  I have the 2500 STB and would like to know which IR extender you use to get remote control of the STB.  I want to put this STB in a closest but control te TV it is cabled to with the IR remote.  I purchased a single eye Visible IR emitter extender but the plug did not fit the back of the 2500 STB.  Also tried the extenders I had from Comcast, with a different plug, but they didn't work either.  Look forward to your reply.  Thanks JLDJS

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 12 of 13
(3,156 Views)

@jldjs wrote:

My reply is directed to "concerned user".  You sent a reply a coupe of weeks ago saying "But if it helps, the STB has a plug on the back that can be used to connect an extender.  I have an IR receiver plugged directly into it.  "  I have the 2500 STB and would like to know which IR extender you use to get remote control of the STB.  I want to put this STB in a closest but control te TV it is cabled to with the IR remote.  I purchased a single eye Visible IR emitter extender but the plug did not fit the back of the 2500 STB.  Also tried the extenders I had from Comcast, with a different plug, but they didn't work either.  Look forward to your reply.  Thanks JLDJS

Not who you directed your question to, but I believe others have said that Verizon will supply it free of charge.  Try searching the forum to find more details (I don't have such a setup).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 13
(2,950 Views)

google   "Next Generation Remote Control Extender" -

With that device your normal remote becomes an RF remote without changing its shape: The transmitter is part of the battery. Its genius ! I used it for a couple of weeks now, and so far it is great. And it cost only ~ $40 on Amazon.

-Micha

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.