Switch Account

Any Updates on Putting a 1-Terabyte drive in the Home Media DVR ???

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Any Updates on Putting a 1-Terabyte drive in the Home Media DVR ???

Message 11 of 12
(2,143 Views)

Oh... It would also be nice if it had a DVD recorder built-in, and even better, a Blu-ray recorder add-on..

How much are DVD data recorders for computers now, $50? They record DVD movie formats - Everything is files now, there's nothing special about a DVD recorder from a format that's already just disk files.. There's no reason that they cannot put a $50 DVD recorder in the box, and have it record at 8x speed. 

They say the thing stopping them is memory, CPU power, and interfaces - BUT they can buy a PC motherboard for $70 with all the necessary disk interfaces and BIOS, add $40 worth of memory, a LINUX  operating system, a couple of video cards, HUGE disk drive, and some custom software, which they have to write anyway - viola, you have yourself a DVR with nearly unlimited video storage, and interfaces for a Blu-Ray or DVD recorder which can dump to DVD at 8x the normal video speed.  

In truth, i think what's stopping Motorola and the other DVR makers is the "not invented here" mindset, where everything has to be custom-designed and fit in a tiny footprint with a sculptured case. Here's a news flash: A lot of us don't really care about the footprint, they just want the thing to work.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Any Updates on Putting a 1-Terabyte drive in the Home Media DVR ???

Message 12 of 12
(2,101 Views)

UUUGGGHHHHH

I totally despise Cisco.  I hope the folks at Scientific Atlanta don't allow Corp Cisco to tinker with anything they are doing.  Cisco Routers may be a part of the whole Internet but their switching products are slow and they charge a lot for it.  Plus they brainwash their customers to think they are the only game in town or their products are superior, which they are not.  I've worked for a few vendors and yeah Cisco is big fish and dominate but its because people are drinking the kool-aid.  I said boo-hoo to Cisco.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.