Any other loyal customers get jerked around?
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

New customers get free Multi-room DVR for life while long time subscribers like me get told we do not qualify?  My suggestion, join me in switching back to your other cable company (in my case Optimum).  Seems like every two years I'll be switching to the other as I will get jerked around by the one I currently have at the time.  Anyway, this time it's FIOS who is treating loyal customers like Crap. 

0 Likes
Re: Any other loyal customers get jerked around?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

That happens with every company out there. Has for decades and it will not end anytime soon. Doing what you are doing will only get their attention if everyone did it. Unfortunatly, there will never be enough people willing to go through all that effort to switch companies to get the attention of the big companies. It would take thousands  of people to quit to even get them to notice, and likely hundreds of thousands before they would take any action. Right now the big companies expect some people to do exactly what you are doing and actually factor it into the business model. They call it the "roll over rate" and most companies expect a 10% roll over rate. I have no idea the current numbers, but 2 years ago Verizon had 3 million customers on FIOS. That means that unless more than 300,000 customer dropped, they would not even take notice because that is what they expect to happen. They know that customers will never become organized enough to affect their bottom line. So what you are doing will help you, but its only your time and effort that is affected.

BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

One thing that Verizon does that I haven't seen others do is allow long time customers to maintain older packages instead of forcing them to switch to newer ones that cost more or have fewer channels.  I still have the old 2009 Extreme package which is less expensive and has more channels.  It may not last, but I'm still coming out ahead of any new customers getting free Multi-room DVR service (especially since I don't use multi-room).

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Try calling Verizon and request a loyalty discount.  I am receiving a monthly $10 discount for the next 12 months.

Neighbors who have local cable won't get any type of discount.  Verizon is recognizing loyalty!!!!

Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was getting $30 loyalty from FIOS, still $40 more expensive than Cable.  I runs out in July though.  I was not asking them to match cost, just the DVR.  They were so rude, did not call back when they said they would, and really don't seem to care.  You can probably get more off your bill, they just didn't tell you so.  Good luck with that.

0 Likes
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are correct,in most of what you say,  however, the switch is no big deal at all.  I have a gmail account and no need to switch emails now.    My point was that if enough people do stand up, maybe you can benifit!  So go people, demand your free DVR!  I have now converted 3 other people, so we'll see how many others follow.  I have a mission to convert as many as possible, at least Optimum wasn't rude and called back when they said they would (when I was leaving them for FIOS).

0 Likes
oneintouch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon after I saw the free DVR for life promotion.  I was told that those who receive that promotion pay a higher base fee than what I'm paying now.  In other words, if they switched me to the free for life DVR plan, I would be paying slightly more per month than what I'm paying now. 

0 Likes
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told the reason I could not get it is because I don't have the same services.  I asked what services would I need.  They said higher speed internet.  I said how much more woulfd that be.  They said $5.  I said OK, sign me up then give me my free DVR.  They said you cannot have that, you're not a new customer.  Sees like you're getting "Jerked around" as well.  I'm getting more services now for $480 less per year!  In two years, I'll see if I get treated like dirt from Optimum, and if so I'll see what FIOS has to offer.  May just be 2 yrs back and fourth.  For now though, {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Jerkedaround
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with the cable rep, Cable does have a loyalty program. 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

The FIOS product is far superior to the Cablevision product.

Here is what I've seen and heard with Optimum:

HD TV pixelizes a lot

Internet is slow and lags

Phone constantly echo's.

I convinced my cousin to switch from Cablevision to FIOS.  The comments they said to me is:

"When we got an HDTV and swapped our Cablevison box for an HD Box I couldn't understand all the hype over HDTV.  When we switch to FIOS, WOW... Now I understand why people like HD so much.  FIOS TV is way better than Cablevision"

So imho, for the few extra bucks to have a solid HD Picture, fast internet and a phone service that doesn't echo is worth it, but this is my opinion.  

Jim