Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Any reason NOT to switch to FIOS TV ONE boxes?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any reason NOT to switch to FIOS TV ONE boxes?

Message 11 of 16
(785 Views)

If anyone is concerned about the quality of closed captions, then it is not that great.  Hard to read when it uses italic type, frequent messed up characters and words.  I am surprised that they didn't do quality check  before making it available to customers.  Even worse, they never bother to improve it over a year.  I was expecting them to watch, review and improve everything for paying subscribers.  😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 12 of 16
(711 Views)

Here's one.  Verizon is dropping my non expiring $4. set top box discount, on top of the one time $50. fee, in order to correct the terrible lag introduced by their recent change to menus.  Maybe Verizon is causing the coin shortage by nickle and diming their customers.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 16
(592 Views)

I currently have a multi room DVR & 2 HD boxes. I’m a little confused because when I go through the steps for a FIOS One upgrade, it will start billing me for 3 boxes, but only includes a return box for 2. Do I keep the DVR and incorporate it somehow? Also it says they work on WiFi, but how much bandwidth is that going to eat up? If one of the 3 boxes replaces the DVR, how much storage does it have (Verizon chat didn’t answer these questions earlier today). Thanks.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 14 of 16
(577 Views)

@duanesutter wrote:

I currently have a multi room DVR & 2 HD boxes. I’m a little confused because when I go through the steps for a FIOS One upgrade, it will start billing me for 3 boxes, but only includes a return box for 2. Do I keep the DVR and incorporate it somehow? Also it says they work on WiFi, but how much bandwidth is that going to eat up? If one of the 3 boxes replaces the DVR, how much storage does it have (Verizon chat didn’t answer these questions earlier today). Thanks.

So you currently have 3 older boxes, one a DVR and the other two standard HD boxes. You would still need 3 boxes, a Fios one VMS4100 DVR, and two Fios One IPC4100 minis. The Main box needs a coax connection, the minis can do coax, wifi , or ethernet. Wired is best for the mini, many people have issues with them using wifi. Offhand, I don't know how much storage you get, but you could check the specs on the website.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 15 of 16
(553 Views)

The amount of available storage on FiOS ONE main depends on the subscribed DVR service.  The hardware is the same, they just enable more if you pay more.  The ordering page provide the details.

I can't login now to see them, however I recall they have three tiers of service.  Something like "DVR," "Multi-room DVR," and "Enhanced DVR."  I think the multi-room has 50 HD hours and the Enhanced has 100.  It can go to 200 with two main boxes.

Login and check.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 16 of 16
(486 Views)

Your existing recordings were not deleted.  They are stored on the old DVR, which you replaced.  No different from getting a new computer - all of your files are still on the old one.  The only difference here is that unfortunately there is no way to copy the recordings over to the new DVR.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.