Re: Any reason NOT to switch to FIOS TV ONE boxes?
dw202010

If anyone is concerned about the quality of closed captions, then it is not that great.  Hard to read when it uses italic type, frequent messed up characters and words.  I am surprised that they didn't do quality check  before making it available to customers.  Even worse, they never bother to improve it over a year.  I was expecting them to watch, review and improve everything for paying subscribers.  😞

0 Likes
LarryRup
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's one.  Verizon is dropping my non expiring $4. set top box discount, on top of the one time $50. fee, in order to correct the terrible lag introduced by their recent change to menus.  Maybe Verizon is causing the coin shortage by nickle and diming their customers.

duanesutter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a multi room DVR & 2 HD boxes. I’m a little confused because when I go through the steps for a FIOS One upgrade, it will start billing me for 3 boxes, but only includes a return box for 2. Do I keep the DVR and incorporate it somehow? Also it says they work on WiFi, but how much bandwidth is that going to eat up? If one of the 3 boxes replaces the DVR, how much storage does it have (Verizon chat didn’t answer these questions earlier today). Thanks.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@duanesutter wrote:

I currently have a multi room DVR & 2 HD boxes. I’m a little confused because when I go through the steps for a FIOS One upgrade, it will start billing me for 3 boxes, but only includes a return box for 2. Do I keep the DVR and incorporate it somehow? Also it says they work on WiFi, but how much bandwidth is that going to eat up? If one of the 3 boxes replaces the DVR, how much storage does it have (Verizon chat didn’t answer these questions earlier today). Thanks.

So you currently have 3 older boxes, one a DVR and the other two standard HD boxes. You would still need 3 boxes, a Fios one VMS4100 DVR, and two Fios One IPC4100 minis. The Main box needs a coax connection, the minis can do coax, wifi , or ethernet. Wired is best for the mini, many people have issues with them using wifi. Offhand, I don't know how much storage you get, but you could check the specs on the website.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The amount of available storage on FiOS ONE main depends on the subscribed DVR service.  The hardware is the same, they just enable more if you pay more.  The ordering page provide the details.

I can't login now to see them, however I recall they have three tiers of service.  Something like "DVR," "Multi-room DVR," and "Enhanced DVR."  I think the multi-room has 50 HD hours and the Enhanced has 100.  It can go to 200 with two main boxes.

Login and check.

Bionic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your existing recordings were not deleted.  They are stored on the old DVR, which you replaced.  No different from getting a new computer - all of your files are still on the old one.  The only difference here is that unfortunately there is no way to copy the recordings over to the new DVR.

0 Likes
kmm126
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's see: no clock, channel line up screen is hard on the eyes with little spacing between the choices, (not user friendly)no colors to differentiate between movie, sport channels etc. so you can't fly past the ones that you don't want to watch, do not see the old option button on the remote to get additional info about the movie/channel you are watching, remote is small (I have to get up to put on my glasses to see what button I am pushing (yes, old lady here), voice commands don't always work. Oh yes, was somewhat of a nightmare to order on line in the first place with chat person... 40 minutes with the first one who cut me off before I had to explain what I wanted about 3 times, not resolving my billing issues and a new chat person came on for 15 minutes then they cut me off. Between my Verizon home bill and my wireless bill, Verizon is getting over $500/month from me.   Such wonderful service and bargains!!! NOT! Just wanted user friendly boxes to go with my new OLED 4k TV not make life difficult. End of rant. Your welcome.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes