Switch Account

Any reason NOT to switch to FIOS TV ONE boxes?

Any reason NOT to switch to FIOS TV ONE boxes?

Contributor LazzZ
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(748 Views)

Hi all,

Just wanted to put this out there.  Leaving the $50 equipment upgrade fee aside, is there any reason why I would NOT want to switch over from Legacy Equipment (7232 DVRS, 7100 STBs) to the new TV One boxes?

From my understanding, this won't affect my bill at all (My package would remain exactly the same), and equipment rental charges are basically the same.    So why would I NOT want to upgrade?

Appreciate any feedback, esp. from those who've made the switch!

Side/Related question -

(Note: I currently have Multi Room DVR on my existing package.   I would want Premium Multi Room DVR on my TV One equipment..  I wonder if this will be an added fee, and if so - how much.   Anyone know?).

3 REPLIES 3
MVP clem53 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4
(739 Views)

Limited outputs, one HDMI, one Composite, one optical. No 480 pass through, no native video pass through, only dolby 5.1 audio out regardless of source (unless you choose LPCM stereo). No display clock or channel, limited help from tech support.

Contributor Winterstorm2005
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(265 Views)

First the set box do not display the time.  They are cheap and the hdmi cord is super short.  Had I know I would not have switched.  The can’t find my DVr recordings.  Just a disaster.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(165 Views)

Can always use existing HDMI cord.

Not sure what you mean they can't find DVR recordings.

Are you saying the ones from before you upgraded or once you have recorded on the new box, they can't be found?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.