Any rumor on larger capacity Fios HD DVRs?
RN7676

Are there any recent updates (rumor or official) about Verizon offering a larger capacity HD DVR (larger than the Motorola 160G boxes)?

I currently have HD Direct TV with their HR20 box that has a 300G drive.

Cutting my DVR capacity in half is a FIOS dealbreaker for me.  If and when they offer a larger capacity HD DVR, I'm ready to sign up.

I got the 300G Direct TV box over 2 years ago.  I can't beleive Verizon is still pushing out 160G boxes in 2009.

I know the standard answer is Tivo, but I'm not really interested in going that direction.

So, are any higher capacity Fios HD DVRs expected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any rumor on larger capacity Fios HD DVRs?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Bigger HD's and ability to allow external drives is something Verizon is working towards as we speak I would expect it to be sometime durning the 3, 4th qtr of the year or 1st of 2010.  There is no official date given for any release so that can't be given at this time. I'd like everyone to take the time to sign up for beta testing  Beta Testing to possibly be included in any future beta testing hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any rumor on larger capacity Fios HD DVRs?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Bigger HD's and ability to allow external drives is something Verizon is working towards as we speak I would expect it to be sometime durning the 3, 4th qtr of the year or 1st of 2010.  There is no official date given for any release so that can't be given at this time. I'd like everyone to take the time to sign up for beta testing  Beta Testing to possibly be included in any future beta testing hardware.

0 Likes