Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Any way to disable Fios/Video On Demand?

LoriSan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any way to disable Fios/Video On Demand?

Message 11 of 18
(2,321 Views)

so there is NO WAY to control VOD without removing it entirely from your service?   That is a disgrace.  I'm already counting down the months until I can cancel this new service. 

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 12 of 18
(2,278 Views)

You can block to prevent unauthorized purchased either on VOD or ordering new channels. That is done by pressing MENU, then go to SETTINGS, then PARENTAL CONTROLS. Make sure CONTROLS are set to ON. Go down to control purchases. If you want the purchases and parental controls/unlocking channels  to be controlled by the same pin, select USE PARENTAL PIN. If you want separate pins for purchases and unlocking channels, select USE PURCHASE PIN.

The only way to block access to free VOD (besides taking it off the account) will also block all channels. This will require a pin to access them. What you can do is instead of requiring a pin everytime you flip channels, is when you go to sit down to watch TV to go into the parental control settings and just set CONTROLS to off. This will unblock your TV watching. When you are done watching TV, you will have to make sure to turn them back on. To set it up, go into the parental controls menu. Go to QUICK SETTINGS and set it to ALL AGES.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Joexeon
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 18
(2,236 Views)

WOW!  Very Disappointing. I agree with many others this is an unfortunate oversite on Verizon Services.

Children quickly figured out they can get access to the Teen shows they want by going through On Demand, circumventing any Parental Controls or PIN's.  The solution provided by Verizon is disable ALL AGES BASED CONTENT??  So now we need to input a PIN each time I turn a channel-This is UNACCEPTABLE.

This is clearly a functionaly or technical issue that can be worked on & addressed.  The question for me is if Verizon can address it before I find a replacement solution like 'Pay Per Content' alternative providers.

Perhaps I will remove the VOD all together as suggested or even Verizon Television services as a whole

I would suggest Verizon consider putting contols or even the choice of  the programming in the hands of it's consumers.  Paying for content I don't agree with makes very little sense.  It is 'bundled' into the packaged offering-silly.

I constantly have given Verizon High marks for techonolgy, customer service, quality, flexibilities, and even pricing.  Unfortunately, this is Unacceptable, and hope is addressed soon by Verizon management & engineering.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 14 of 18
(2,199 Views)

The disabling of FFWD and skip is controlled by the content provider not Verizon.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
esleer
Contributor
Contributor

Message 15 of 18
(1,768 Views)

It is interesting to see that other people share my same concern.  I would like to have access to Video On Demand, but I don't want my kids to have access.  Maybe it is time for Verizon to address this need, or maybe other cable services don't have this problem.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 16 of 18
(1,753 Views)

@esleer wrote:

It is interesting to see that other people share my same concern.  I would like to have access to Video On Demand, but I don't want my kids to have access.  Maybe it is time for Verizon to address this need, or maybe other cable services don't have this problem.

Blocking by parental controls for content, by channels, and blocking purchases is enough for most people.

itecable
Contributor
Contributor

Message 17 of 18
(1,666 Views)

We are almost 3 years into this matter now, and it is still not resolved? As parents we too want the ability to block video on demand so our kids do not get access. Specifically, it would be nice to allow/disallow certain VOD categories.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 18 of 18
(1,656 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.