Anybody Home at Verizon Fios Sales
goalpost

So I am all excited FIOS is installed in the house now  instead of enjoying it I am on the phone trying to get promises resolved.

when they want my business the sales office  tells  me You can watch any DVR in any room no problem. Never trust a salesperson who says NO Problem.

Guy installs and then tells  me I need  to have the box  set up for Home Media to do what I want. First time hearing that.

Call up  they say no problem  boxes  will be activated in 24 hours,

24 Hours pass and none of  my HD boxes total 3 can watch a previously recorded  shows.

Call again. Well find out only  the LOW end NON HD boxes  allow you to watch previously recorded messages.

So who was the marketing genius for that. Why would anybody want to watch a show  on a low end NON HD box.

Yes I know  it is NON  HD  when displayed in another room but If  I had a HD TV and had a HD box  why would I ever Put a NON HD box  in any room but the least watched room in the house with a analog TV.

Wake up FIOS engineers  get with the program.

Waiting to see what I will calling about next.

BTW I am told  Upgrades will be arriving soon  to be able to watch DVR on any box............

So my three day intervention with FIOS  has Not been a pleasant one.

0 Likes
Re: Anybody Home at Verizon Fios Sales
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The salesmen give a lot of bologna. However they are currently in the process of making the HD boxes work that way. They are upgrading a few states at a time. I don't know which state you are in. The last area to be done will be in September.
0 Likes
goalpost

I am in NY and they did tell me  that they are Doing Washington. Oregon now and it Should ??? be  in NY by end of the year

Thanks again

Goalpost

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The tentative date when you can stream to HD boxes in NY is 9/9
goalpost

Again Verizon Sales agents  show  how  much they know.  Thanks for the info. I guess its time to cancel the media center subscription. If it is going to be a year it is of  no use to me

Thanks

Goalpost

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@goalpost wrote:

Again Verizon Sales agents  show  how  much they know.  Thanks for the info. I guess its time to cancel the media center subscription. If it is going to be a year it is of  no use to me

Thanks

Goalpost

I think you misunderstood Matcarl's post.  He means your update is coming on September 9th of this year (all areas are supposed to be updated by the end of THIS September - next month just to be clear).

0 Likes
goalpost

Opps

I saw  the 9/9  adn took it to mean 09/09  well then  there is some good news

Thanks

Goalpost

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

The dates posted on another forum for the 1.6 guide update are:

8/5 Portland (VHO12) and Seattle (VHO13)
8/19 Texas (VHO1) and California (VHO3)
9/3 Silver Spring (VHO4), Richmond (VHO9) and Norfolk (VHO9a)
9/9 Queens (VHO5) and Burlington (VHO6)
9/16 Florida (VHO2), Ft. Wayne (VHO10) and Pittsburgh (VHO11)
9/25 Freehold (VHO7) and Phila.. (VHO8)

0 Likes