Anyone else noticed issues since they started marketing the new Quantum internet connection?
fredtheweazel

We were perfectly happy with out FIOS TV and internet connection until the beginning of 2013. Since then whenever we rent a movie on demand, it always plays back in a choppy way with frequent small sound drops, and frequent pixelated sections that flash up then disappear. Our other TV is a samsung smart TV which is just an internet device - and that has the same problem.

I called tech support a couple of months ago but they say my speed is per my plan, but I'm telling you we never had these problems before.

Am I being too cynical thinking that maybe Verizon choked down standard FIOS bandwidth to force us all to upgrade to quantum??

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else noticed issues since they started marketing the new Quantum internet connection?
FiosCrock
Fios advertises up to speeds, but does not advertise min speed guarantees. I have periods whereby Mbps speeds go as low as 2 Mbps. Few times are only in the 48 Mbps range. Most times where 6 to 18 . I cancelled Quantum.......and spoke to tech support. They are useless when it comes to this type of inconsistent speed. Even had my modem replaced. The problem with Verizon and other 3rd party companies supporting FIOS is they cannot handle high demand times with decent speeds........like when everyone is home watching TV and on their computer. in my case FIOS is a marketing gimmick with no guarantee of what performance is at both ends of the spectrum. I won't be going back to Quantum unless they address the problem realistically.
0 Likes