Apple TV connection with FIOS mobile
Agro1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help! I have the FIOS mobil App installed on my IPAD and Iphone; I stream amd then I airplay to my appleTV so I can watch on my big screen. It was working fine for a month until 2 day ago. NOW, I get the stream on my device, but when I send it to airplay, it gives me an error message and does not work.
I spent an hour with Verizon support who checked the internet, reset the router and says all is ok with verizon, to all APPLE.

I spent an hour with Apple, who had me checked the setting for the apple TV, reboot everything, have mirroring the device to the TV. It does sent the image to the TV but but when a channel is selected on Fios mobile, same error message. Apple says the airplay is working , so it must be the FIOS APP. I tried to delete and download a new APP, still does not work.  Kind of lost now. It works perfectly before, has verizon changed something in the App?? I have apple TV 2nd generation. but as I said, t was working fine before. ANY one have an idea?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Apple TV connection with FIOS mobile
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rather than calling support, try using the in app feature to put in a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
BunkKryptonite

Unfortunately I don't have a solution; rather I have the same problem. I'm a new FiOS customeand was happy to hear that the mobile app supported airplay however I receive a "There was an interruption to your Airplay session. Please try again" message when connected to a fourth generation AppleTV. Devices I'm using the app on are an iPhone 6s and and a fourth gen iPad mini. 

Hopefully someone will be able to offer a solution. 

0 Likes
thooper308
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had been using the FIOS Mobile App and Apple TV with Airplay to stream content to our TV.  As of the 3/8/17 update of the FIOS Mobile app, we started having a problem with AirPlay.  I filed a ticket with Verizon, and after a couple of days, got the following response:   Apple Airplay is no longer supported for use with the FiOS Mobile app.

No reason was given why functionality that previously existed had been taken away, but this was verified on a couple of different devices.

Enpinola

I have the same problem right now after upgrading this new fios mobile app. The same message I got when doing airplay to my Apple TV. 

Do you have the fix now? Please let me know.

thank you. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Previous post says they were told Airplay support was removed.

0 Likes
Harrisb1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. They are probably losing money from not renting cable boxes. Time to cut the cord. 

AmySaint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed! This is a **bleep** money grab. They are slowly pushing me to cord cutting by removing the few reasons to keep paying for diminishing service.

Zymer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removing AirPlay support ruins the app for me, so I'm uninstalling it, but using an error message that says, "There was an interruption to your AirPlay session. Please try again" is unforgivable from a customer service standpoint... It encourages users to continue continue to bang their head against the wall. Is it some kind of inside-Verizon joke? Or does the "Please try it again." refer to customers shopping for more forward-thinking cable providers?

If this is an Apple licensing issue, will Verizon begin to support Chromecast?

Zymer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone at Verizon Support explain why there is still an AirPlay button in the current version of the app? If it is not supported, why even have the option to *attempt* to AirPlay it at all?

0 Likes