Re: Apple TV connection with FIOS mobile
Kneichko

Is this issue just with the AV wire converter? Does regular Apple TV get the airplay to work?

0 Likes
robert895

i'm a new fios customer, and just figured this out.  It was't easy and verzion was no help at all. In fact, i got 4 different answers from 4 different verizon reps.  They really are not trained well and do not understand the in's and outs of the product offering.  Worse, when I made purchase decissions based to Verizons inacurate information and realize I needed different service, they wanted to charge me extra to change.  

That said, Airplay Mirroring works just fine for me, unless I try to stream from a Quantum Media Server. I must select the "stream from cloud" server to use airplay. The down side to this is that I am only able to use airplay mirroring on a select number of stations, pretty much the same channel lineup I can get from the apple tv anyway. My full channel line up is only availble when I use the media server, which is blocked when using Airplay or a wired HDMI.  However, it does allow me to use airplay to watch HBO realtime instead of waiting for HBO GO to make the show available, ussally the next day.  

One additional note, it requires a very strong WI FI signal for airplay to work. If the wifi is not really strong, It cuts out. 

0 Likes
Kneichko

I got the cloud streaming vs the cable box stream but the video quality is bad with the cloud stream. I have a great signal with a fast speed internet. I'm so frustrated with fios

0 Likes
JohnyRace

Not sure if anyone suggesed this in the past 30-something replys however, I think it could be the FiOS Router Firewall, in that, if you try to connect a few times then check the FioS Firewall log in the router, it may tell you it is rejecting the connection, if not, then look for one of the many free network sniffers on the web. Download it, install it on a PC, and check its log for a rejection statement in the log. Then Enter in a Firewall rule to open that sorce, and destination IP address, and TCP port, in the FiOS Router. Sounds technincal, but it is simple if you have done it at least once. I have had to put in manual rules to access my localy attached storage server and other devices not allowed in the default allowed list in the FioS router firewall.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes