Are the 500GB DVR's available in the Philadelphia area yet?
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I recently got FiOS internet and it's great - Today I received a special offer letter to add TV to my bundle for a good price.  I would like to do this but really don't want the FiOS DVR that only has a 160GB HDD.  (I currently have 2 D* DVR's with 320GB each) Does anyone know if the new DVR's with the 500GB HDD are available in the Philadelphia area yet (Bucks County, PA)?  If yes, is there any way I can guarantee that I'll receive one for my installation?

Thanks

NM

0 Likes
Re: Are the 500GB DVR's available in the Philadelphia area yet?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The 500GB Dvr's are rolling out and are available in most area's now.

But no, there is no way to guarentee that you get one. It is totally a luck of the draw type thing. Now you do have a point in your favor. The 500's are only available to new installs right now. Since TV will be new to you, you are at least "qualified", but there is no telling if you will get one or not.

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

The 500GB Dvr's are rolling out and are available in most area's now.

But no, there is no way to guarentee that you get one. It is totally a luck of the draw type thing. Now you do have a point in your favor. The 500's are only available to new installs right now. Since TV will be new to you, you are at least "qualified", but there is no telling if you will get one or not.

And even if you don't get one right now, worst case will be that you will have to wait a little bit longer. One thing is for sure that people are using those new DVRs. So they are out there in the market!

0 Likes
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3
Was the same with my router - tech was going to give me a rev D. I asked if Ge had any others in the truck and ended up with a rev F.
0 Likes
No-Max
Enthusiast - Level 3
Happy daze - the installer hooked up the new 7232-2 for me. He said all installs in my area are getting the new high capacity DVRs. It doesn't seem to be a crap shoot in my area any longer (Bucks county PA)
0 Likes