Arris Fios One fan noise?
Cmay_914
Enthusiast - Level 2

New customer that just had Fios installed two days ago. Had an Arris Fios One box placed in the master bedroom. Is the fan supposed to be running non stop? Is the box supposed to be warm to the touch. It literally has not stopped whirring since the second the tech installed. It’s well ventilated with nothing around it. Dud or is this the norm? 

0 Likes
Re: Arris Fios One fan noise?
Sinkr

Same here.

I made the big mistake of trying to have the Fios One Mini replaced out for one of the VMS4100s.  Instead, the guy canceled my DVR service and I received a return box for both of my boxes.

After another 1.5 hours plus on support chat, I got DVR service back, but I could never get the agents to understand the difference between the old Fios DVR and mini and the new Fios One DVR (VMS4100) and its newer versioned mini.

Everytime I brought it up, they would say something dumb like "would you like the new Fios One?" and I just gave up.

Come on Verizon, I had one DVR and one mini, now I have 2 VMS4100s, one of which produces fan noise in my bedroom AND I'm being charged for the ulta premium 2xDVR service (12 shows at once) that I can't even use because I gotta keep the box in the bedroom unplugged.

I'm afraid to play CS roulette, anymore, however.

What a royal mess!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sinkr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Al106

Lawrence,

I have the same problem the Box is on a dresser with nothing around it and it warm and the fan runs all the time even when TV is off.

Thanks,

Al 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Al106,

For a fan issue, please reach out to Verizon Support directly though one of the methods available on our Support page.

0 Likes
TommyG11

I am having same issue!

0 Likes
TommyG11

I have same noise issue. It is day one. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes