Arris STB LED Issue Status......
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Revisiting a prior topic.....

Has anyone heard if Verizon is going to pursue the issue where the status LED on the front of Arris STBs remains fully illuminated after the boxes perform the overnight updates? 🤔

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Arris STB LED Issue Status......
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

Revisiting a prior topic.....

Has anyone heard if Verizon is going to pursue the issue where the status LED on the front of Arris STBs remains fully illuminated after the boxes perform the overnight updates? 🤔

Are you turning off the box after the update? Is it the white lights that remain lit or the green one? Are you sure the update finished? Did you try unplugging power to the box for at least 3 minutes then plugging it back in?

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Clem,

. No because these updates normally occur around 2AM-ish.

. The green LED does not turn on. The white LED changes from dim to bright, winks and, if things occur normally, the LED would eventually return to dim status.

. See my first reply. This is an overnight update that should be transparent to the user. It isn't a crash. It behaves like a scheduled update.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

Hi Clem,

. No because these updates normally occur around 2AM-ish.

. The green LED does not turn on. The white LED changes from dim to bright, winks and, if things occur normally, the LED would eventually return to dim status.

. See my first reply. This is an overnight update that should be transparent to the user. It isn't a crash. It behaves like a scheduled update.

I know APR 7.10 was just pushed out. Did your boxes receive it? Could be Verizon's new way to let you know an update was successful. Not 100% on that!

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just checked the bedroom mini. Yup...it is sitting at 7.10. Nothing in the Message Center.

Now if Verizon checked with Arris and was told that the fully illuminated LED is normal if firmware is updated....then ok. Verizon needs to let us know the details. 🙂