Arris STB - "Press Menu to watch Fios TV"
DrCamphill
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is really annoying. When I turn my tv on in the morning I'm greeted with "Press Menu to watch Fios TV". So in the dark I have to find the Menu button. This is a Arris STB and there is no Menu>>Settings>>STB  option to turn off screensaver.   The STB auto-poweroff is set to None therfore it is in standby/screensaver and not actually turning off.

How can I get the STB to stop going to screensaver? OR how can the remote be programmed so when I press the TV ON button it also sends the Menu command? 

0 Likes
Re: Arris STB - "Press Menu to watch Fios TV"
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If auto power off is set to none and no one is turning STB off, then it should be available as soon as you turn on TV.

I have my DVR set to auto none and is on ready to go every morning when I turn on TV.

0 Likes
DrCamphill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Auto power off is set to NONE.  I don't see a DVR option to change. I am the only one here so I am sure I'm not turning off the STB, espcially because it's on the screensaver when I turn on the TV.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stb?

If you turn of tv, wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on, is screensaver on?

0 Likes
DrCamphill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Arris VMS1100.  I can leave the TV on forever and the screensaver never goes away until I press Menu.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Have TV and STB on.

Turn TV off.

Wait a couple of minutes.
Then turn TV back on.

Is STB still on or is screensaver on?

0 Likes
DrCamphill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned the tv off and I fell asleep on the couch for almost 90 minutes. When I awoke the STB display was still showing the channel. I turned the tv on and the screensaver was NOT on.  It appears there is some screensaver feature that kicks in sometime after 90 minutes.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only other thing I can think to try is to setup auto power off to say 2 hours.

Then go back and set it to none.

Maybe something isn't stored correctly and hopefully this would fix it.

0 Likes
DrCamphill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nada. Still goes to sleep. Every monring I get the dreaded screensaver. Doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in the 1100 STB.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I leave my vms1100 on all the time. And never get the screensaver.

Only other option is some sort of power glitch or box is going bad.

0 Likes