Arris VMS4100 2160P
ASR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi:

I have the following equipment:  Arris VMS4100 (Verizon Fios) cable box, Yamaha RX-V685 and a Samsung QN85Q8FNB TV. When I have the Arris set at 2180p video setting, the Yamaha receiver continues to have video and audio dropouts. I tried Mode 1 and Mode 2 on the advanced 4k menu – but the same drop-outs continue. What am I doing wrong or what settings should I have. The drop-outs do not happen with the Arris set at 1080p.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Arris VMS4100 2160P
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AR53 wrote:

Hi:

I have the following equipment:  Arris VMS4100 (Verizon Fios) cable box, Yamaha RX-V685 and a Samsung QN85Q8FNB TV. When I have the Arris set at 2180p video setting, the Yamaha receiver continues to have video and audio dropouts. I tried Mode 1 and Mode 2 on the advanced 4k menu – but the same drop-outs continue. What am I doing wrong or what settings should I have. The drop-outs do not happen with the Arris set at 1080p.

Check the quality and length of your HDMI cables. The shorter the better and over 25 feet total may be an issue. Make sure all are High Speed certified, 18Gbps cables.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AR53 wrote:

Hi:

Check the quality and length of your HDMI cables. The shorter the better and over 25 feet total may be an issue. Make sure all are High Speed certified, 18Gbps cables.

ASR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just installed the new certified cables, and that solved the problem. Thank you.