Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Aspect ratio

SOLVED
alden
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Aspect ratio

Message 1 of 4
(7,088 Views)

Does anybody know how to fix aspect ratio when watching SD channels? Everytime I switch SD channel, I need to stretch picture for from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratioo by pushing "aspect" button on remote. This is really unconvinient, especially for me, former DirectTV customer. On my DirectTV DVR I fixed ratio for SD channel once and for all, and I was able to jump to any SD channel, without the need to change aspect ratio. FIOS menu does not have this, everytime I need to change SD channel aspect ratio automatically switch back to 4:3 rati. Does anybody know, is it possible to fix aspect ratio for SD channels like it is on DirectTV DVR, or, with current software it's not doable?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Aspect ratio

Message 2 of 4
(7,075 Views)

Very simple:

Menu ==> Settings ==.> Video Settings ==> SD Override ==> stretch (must scroll down to see this option)

That will cause the SD channels to automatically be stretched.

A couple of things:

1) If you are using an HDMI connection, having the SD Override set to anything but Off will cause a 3-4 second delay when switching between HD and SD channels, in either direction. I found that delay to be just terrible, so I use Off.

2) I know you don't care, but I just can't stand the stretched SD picture! Nothing, absolutely nothing, looks right. But to each his own.....

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 4
(7,076 Views)

Very simple:

Menu ==> Settings ==.> Video Settings ==> SD Override ==> stretch (must scroll down to see this option)

That will cause the SD channels to automatically be stretched.

A couple of things:

1) If you are using an HDMI connection, having the SD Override set to anything but Off will cause a 3-4 second delay when switching between HD and SD channels, in either direction. I found that delay to be just terrible, so I use Off.

2) I know you don't care, but I just can't stand the stretched SD picture! Nothing, absolutely nothing, looks right. But to each his own.....

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

alden
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(6,986 Views)

Thank you, I did this but you are right Stretch SD Looks terrible I prefer to to stretch is and then cut top and bottom of the pic. And I can do it through "aspect button in remote.

Thank you anyway, at least I will know that there is this option...

Turgidson
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(3,551 Views)

Thanks.

We just changed to the VMS1100 box to replace the Motorola, and it was the first box from Verizon that arrived set to stretch a picture.  I was going to call and ask "Why the new behavior?" but I tried looking here first.  Your answer worked perfectly.

There is one additional menu step with the new box...  an additional audio and video settings before video settings.  Otherwise, the same.

Paul

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.