Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

At what point do I insist in M-cards, or no charge for the second C-card? Boston Area

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

At what point do I insist in M-cards, or no charge for the second C-card? Boston Area

Message 1 of 6
(4,875 Views)

Hi-

Having the install done this week on my Tivo HD.. I ordered the 2 C-cards, as the CSR I ordered from said they don't have M-cards.  I've read here and other spots that they do have M-cards in MA.  Should I call this week before the install?  Should I make a big deal of it with the installer?  I don't want to give the guy a hard time, but I also don't want to pay for a second visit.  Anyone have suggestions on how to accomplish what I want- either  one M-card or no charge for the second C-card?

Thanks all!

-Danny 

5 REPLIES 5
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: At what point do I insist in M-cards, or no charge for the second C-card? Boston Area

Message 2 of 6
(4,849 Views)

If you ordered CableCards, you will get M-CARDs in Boston.  When the installer calls 30-90 minutes prior to the visit, confirm that he is bringing M-CARDs.

Sales and customer service does not have information on M-CARDs so you will never get anything out of them.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: At what point do I insist in M-cards, or no charge for the second C-card? Boston Area

Message 3 of 6
(4,822 Views)

FYI: I am in Mass and I got an M-card about 2 weeks ago, so they do have them.

I think I found one sales guy that knew what an m-card was, most of the only knew cablecards and didn't have an idea that there were different types.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(4,815 Views)

Thanks for the responses..... So hopefully the installer will enough that if  2 C-cards were ordered, then maybe he should bring a M-card.....  Unless he thinks I have 2 Tivos and only want one card in each....... 🙂

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 5 of 6
(4,793 Views)

@Penguinboy wrote:

Thanks for the responses..... So hopefully the installer will enough that if  2 C-cards were ordered, then maybe he should bring a M-card.....  Unless he thinks I have 2 Tivos and only want one card in each....... 🙂

Remember, S-CARDs were discontinued a year ago.  Motorola has manufactured M-CARDs exclusively for the past year.  FiOS MA no longer has S-CARDs unless they were returned by a customer.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(4,785 Views)
I didn't know they discontinued S-cards....  Thanks all for the info- you saved me $3.99 a month!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.