Audio Issues
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the last week or so I am having audio issues.  I run my audio directly from my DVR box via optical cable to my home theater and now sometimes some of the channels audio are cutting in and out.  Sometimes voices cut out and you hear the background.  I check the optical cable to make sure everything is connected.  This just started happening a week or so ago.  Is it a technical issue?  I am not getting 5.1 it seems from the cable box.  I live on Long Island

0 Likes
Re: Audio Issues
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone check to see if FIOS is having trouble with the Dolby 5.1 signal on long island?

0 Likes
KlassiK
Enthusiast - Level 3

{edited}

Have you tried a different optical cable? Maybe the wire has a short, or the connections are loose.

{You have received information in your private message box -- >   . Please Read.}

0 Likes
PGJK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have same problem with audio drop out on non-digital cables ...I spoke to technician at Verizon. He state they might have to reset my HD-DVR box due to flaw in the audio chip used in the unit. Its a possibility that your problem is similar to mine since my incidents of audio drop out occurs in the actual recordings on DVR ...all of a sudden no audio in the middle of recorded program ..Its fine while watching "LIVE" but the recorded program drops audio. Does this sound like the problem?

I don't usually view programming that I'm watching but I did so in order to rule out my error, perhaps 🙂 It seems to be a DVR unit problem and not human error (such as bad hookup or cabling might be). Give tech support a shout. I have to empty my scheduler first but I'll let You know if it works.

0 Likes