Audio Sync issue
TBonePhone

I apologize for making a new thread as I see there's one on the 1.6.1 fix, but I'm unsure what version I'm running, and I read somewhere that there's a speicific problem with LG TVs, which I have.

When I use component cables to broadcast the HD signal, I get no delay, but HDMI yields a problem.

I'm using the DVR home media box - QIP6416. I run that box and an xbox into my LG 42LG50 HDTV using 2 HDMI cables, and then run a TOSLINK cable from the TV to my LG LHT854 HT system.

Thank you for any information on the sync problem I'm having.

0 Likes
Re: Audio Sync issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend
there should be a time delay feature in the TV itself to correct the problem,  you can probably find it in the TV menu (not the fios menu) and then adjust it +- 5 seconds or whatever it takes to correct the issue.
0 Likes
Re: Audio Sync issue
TBonePhone

I can't find anything in my TV that will let me delay either the video or sound. The sound system has a setting that will delay the sound, but that's of no use to me since the picture is beating the sound. The problem definitely seems to be running through the TV though, because if I connect the STB right to my HT system the sound looks synced.

I guess I'll have to look into getting a splitter and running both peripherals into the HT system directly.

0 Likes