Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Audio/Video Stutter

PrivateFlyer
Contributor
Contributor

Audio/Video Stutter

Message 1 of 4
(2,408 Views)

Anyone having problems watching live HD channels? Semi-regularly, I get pauses or stutters of 1-3 seconds of content, then it jumps to current feed. I've had this on ESPN-HD watching a football or basketball game, or premium movie channels and regular network HD programs. This is live, not a DVR re-play.It comes and goes, and is irritating as h--- !!! If it happens while recording with DVR, it shows up on the playback.

Thought I'd try the forum before calling support ---

Thanks all ...

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Audio/Video Stutter

Message 2 of 4
(2,385 Views)

This is a signaling problem, unscrew the coax cord from the wall to the back of the box. Leave off for 30 seconds and screw back on. If you continue having troubles please send a private message.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Frustrated33
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(567 Views)

Perhaps this might help someone.  I’ve been struggling with this problem for a while.  Coincidentally, today I had an AV consultant out to look at our Sonos system which had stopped working.  Apparently we had two Sonos “bridges” which have been discontinued by Sonos.  Once these were removed from the system and it was restarted, Sonos works fine.  But here’s the interesting part:  ever since this fix, TV stuttering has completely stopped.  

If you have a Sonos system with a bridge (a device that broadcasts a wifi signal), remove it!

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(531 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title