Audio and Video out of sync
skrapFios
Enthusiast - Level 3

The past week or so, I feel like I am watching a Japanese movie where the sound doesn't match the mouths.  I contacted Tech support and she rebooted the boxes remotely but that didn't seem to fix it.  I have contacted 3 other people that have FIOS and they too are experiencing this issue so it surprises me that the woman I spoke to said she wasn't aware of the issue but figured I would, at the very least, make you aware of it...  Please resolve the issue ASAP.

Re: Audio and Video out of sync
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

I assume you have VMS hardware and have recently had a software update?

I saw a post in another forum that Verizon has acknowledged this issue.

Fix is hopefully on its way.

In the interim, the best way to correct is to pause program and then resume.

Should resync.

Or change channel and then back.

g8tor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue it started sometime over the past week or so. I have tried the pause/unpause routine and it seems to work in getting it back in Sync. One thing I noticed is if I paused when it was working okay when i did the unpause it was out of sync. Did the pause/unpause again and it put it back in sync.   

Hope they can get it fixed. 

JoshAdams61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem.  I pressed and held the D button for 10 seconds.  On the white screen I selected User Options and then HDMI Settings.  I then scrolled to the bottom and pressed RESTORE ALL DEFAULTS and that fixed my Audio Video Delay problem instantly.

Lcer

I had this problem also.  I called support and they were able to walk me through to get to an obsure settings screen.   I had to press 3 buttons on the remote one after the other.  It was STB, OK and menu. Brings you to a user setting menu. Use down arrow to get to Additional HDMI settings, then OK. Then go down to Audio Output and have it say L-PCM

0 Likes
skrapFios
Enthusiast - Level 3

The above remedies (resetting to default) still don't resolve this issue (only temporarily - same as stop and resume and/or pause/unpause).  Talked to tech support again (to have him do the above reference fix since I don't see it as an option) and he confirmed (after the usual "is the power on", type debugging) that it is a known issue and should be fixed in the next release; he indicated that it looks like around 12/20/17 will start the rollout (Pit,  NY, MD) and then within about a week, rolled out to everyone else.

0 Likes
TGagle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing the same problems for the past month or two. Reboot does not help. I have several STB devices. It happens on all devices. I have found one thing that seems to help. When experiencing the out of sync, I change the channel up or down 1 channel and then go back. I helps for a while but does not fix.

0 Likes
sabfish1

I am having the same problem after pausing live TV. To reach the hidden menu, hold down the green “D” key below the number keys for 10 seconds you will ultimately get a white screen. Scroll down to “user settings” and then “additional hdmi settings.” Go down to audio settings and use the right arrow key to make selections. 

0 Likes
gottagojoe919
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had the same issue for the past month, Especially after pausing. Have found if I switch channels then back it’s all sync’d up again. Happens on Dvr too. If I stop show and restart, it usually corrects itself. Very annoying. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fix is hoped to show up in Jan.

0 Likes