Re: Audio and Video out of sync
Lcer

Have  you tired this - it worked for me.

1) Press the green "D" key on the remote for 10 seconds

2) A white menu will appear, go to "02 User Settings"

3) Scroll down to "Additoinal HDMI Settings"

4) Scroll down to "Audio Output", arrow right until you see "L-PCM"

5) Exit out of the menu and you're done

0 Likes
gramercyfios

This has also been a problem for me since I've had fios.  They sent me a new box and it did not solve the problem at all.  Am calling customer support today and if this is not addressed I will be demanding a discount on my bill because this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
skrapFios
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going into that menu (long press D) and setting the "L-PCM" as suggested above doesn't work and/or was just temporary like changing the channel or stop/start the recording

0 Likes
JimDee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have this problem since November 2017. Have called support three times. Yesterday I was chatting with a tech and was told this is related to the cable box not processing HDMI properly and that I should try hooking up the cable box using the Component connection (i.e. red/blue/green plus red/white in back of cable box) instead of HDMI. Has anyone else heard this? Is everone having trouble using HDMI? I'd be interested in knowing before I change my connecetion to my TV.

0 Likes
TGagle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't bother.

I have several set top boxes.

I have both HDMI and Component.

This occurs on all types of connections.

I have tried all suggestions. Most suggestions work, but only as a temporary fix.

The easiest fix is channel up and down. This is not really a fix.

JimDee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suspected as much. It seems like Verizon doesn't have an answer and is just coming up with random ideas to stall.  I hope they figure it out soon.

0 Likes
bigdrop1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an issue since late October without a fix.  Along with an even more significant issue of powering on the cable box  I am sick of hearing there will be a January fix.  

VZretiree-
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I have tried EVERYTHING...Resetting, powering off...everything, that is, which is posted in this discussion. Nothing works to fix the out of sync voice and picture. Also the debugging remedy does not correct for freezing channels, or channels that refuse to launch.  So, what's up with that "fix" promised US for January???  Today is the 14th...hopefully we'll have an update by MLK day. I have a major problem in calling for tech support...most often they tell you to just repeat the things you have already done and waste at least 30 minutes before they push you up to 2nd tier support. Hey Verizon...GET THIS FIXED!!! PLEASE Don't make me go back to OPTIMUM! 

GaryPSU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been reported that latest software release fixes this issue.

Last group of customers to get it this Fri.

Anyone on version 4.8 still seeing the issue?

0 Likes