Re: Audio and Video out of sync
dumpy199
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well here it is 2 years later and now I have the same exact issue so the bug fix didn't correct this known issue. We moved to a new House only 3 weeks ago and gave Verizon Fios a try since we were unable to subscribe for this serive at our other Home and since it was supposed to be Fiber optic's that we be getting the ultimate Digital quality programming available! So far this is not the case and I'm starting to think I may have made a real Big Mistake switching from Comcast. The question that keeps running through My mind is, Yes the cable's from the pole outside on My street maybe Fiber Optic but from the pole to my house is standard cable line so how can you say it's 100% Fiber optic's?

Another question I have is all My Boxes are wireless and the installer, installed My Router in My basement and while most of My boxes do have a strong signal the one in my bedroom is some what weak. I wasn't home at the time he installed it, if I were I would have told him to install it in a central location so it would have given the entire House a better signal. I did tell them that I wanted My computer hard wired which is located in the basement so My guess is it was easier for him to put the Router next to the Computer rather than do it the right way and run a long Ethernet cable. I'm not very impressed.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dumpy199 wrote:

Well here it is 2 years later and now I have the same exact issue so the bug fix didn't correct this known issue. We moved to a new House only 3 weeks ago and gave Verizon Fios a try since we were unable to subscribe for this serive at our other Home and since it was supposed to be Fiber optic's that we be getting the ultimate Digital quality programming available! So far this is not the case and I'm starting to think I may have made a real Big Mistake switching from Comcast. The question that keeps running through My mind is, Yes the cable's from the pole outside on My street maybe Fiber Optic but from the pole to my house is standard cable line so how can you say it's 100% Fiber optic's?

Another question I have is all My Boxes are wireless and the installer, installed My Router in My basement and while most of My boxes do have a strong signal the one in my bedroom is some what weak. I wasn't home at the time he installed it, if I were I would have told him to install it in a central location so it would have given the entire House a better signal. I did tell them that I wanted My computer hard wired which is located in the basement so My guess is it was easier for him to put the Router next to the Computer rather than do it the right way and run a long Ethernet cable. I'm not very impressed.

Unless something changed, there should be fiber running from the pole to an ONT on the outside of your house. Coax cable and ethernet cable come out of the ONT,  coax usually goes to a splitter, then to router and your boxes,  ethernet to your router. There is a short video that describes the ONT in the sidebar on the main forum page.

0 Likes
JonnyRock

You are a genius! Thanks

0 Likes
outerbanks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ONT can be inside if you provide a place to go. They installed it at my home central enclosure in basement, which is not where landline and power enter home.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes