Audio dropping out, but video fine. Please help!
jeff352

For the past week or so i've been having this issue where after so many minutes of watching tv the audio will cut out from that channel, but the video will remain the same.  If I change the channel the audio is fine, but eventually it will cut out.  I then can go to a THIRD channel and, sure enough, sound will drop eventually.  It's not the TV because I was watching DVDs all day and it was perfectly fine.  I don't have surround sound, it's not hooked through a receiver or anything else fancy.  It's just a straight connection from the box to the TV via an HDMI cable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Audio dropping out, but video fine. Please help!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That might be fixed by doing the following

There is a special setup menu that you can enter, that is NOT part of the regular set to box menu settings. To get there:

Power off the Set top box -> Select -> Menu.

On STB's with no select or menu buttons, on the remote press STB Power OFF -> OK -> Menu.

You will see a white screen and an all text menu called USER SETTINGS. Use the arrow keys to move around.

Scroll down to a line that says "ADDITIONAL HDMI SETTINGS" and hit a right arrow to get into the next level of the menu

There is a sound setting called AUDIO OUTPUT It says AUTO Scroll to it and change it to L-PCM.

Exit out of the menus, power the unit off and power it on again

0 Likes