Audio dropping out
AhhYeah

I am trying to enjoy the Yankee game on and the audio is dropping out. I tried 2 different sets on 2 different boxes and 2 different channels. I noticed it yesterday but wasn't that upset. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Audio dropping out
VZ_Erik
Enthusiast - Level 3

To determine where the problem is we will need a little more information. Are you using a HD box on a HD television? Also who is the manufacturer of your television?

Perhaps you might find this past thread similar to your problem… "Intermittent Audio Dropouts on FiOS TV." The problem here was a necessary update of the televisions firmware. Once the firmware was update the problem was resolved.

0 Likes
AhhYeah

Yhe one TV is HD but the other is not. The issue lasted 2 days and appeared to resolve itself.

0 Likes
oldape

The audio drop-out problem has been here since the equipment was installed almost a year ago.  Calls for service have resulted in system re-booting, which seems to solve the problem for a few days, then it recurs. It's happening on two TVs, one HD and one SD.  One has HDMA connectors, the other uses component lines.  Without the Fios equipment, connected directly to an antenna, the receivers produce excellent, drop-out free audio, so it's definitely a Fios system problem.  Verizon swapped out our HD DVR box at one point, but the problem hasn't gone away.  I'd like to see it fixed, but if our contract expires without a fix, there won't be a renewal.

0 Likes