Re: Audio noise-distortion!
juventino2

I am having the same issue about 3 weeks now. I reset all my box still audio distortion only on channel 507. any status from Verizon when this will be resolved.

0 Likes
Jrebysa80

Hello. I am experiencing same issue for the past 1-2 months. I have a 5.1 audio setup with a Pioneer Elite receiver. I have had Verizon Fios for 2 years and never had a problem until now. My rear speakers sound distorted during certain programs. One of the worst offenders is Grey's Anatomy - it sounds like static from the surround sound speakers. What happened Fios?? You used to work fine! Nothing has changed on my end. I have tried resetting all of my equipment but nothing has fixed it. Please help!!!

0 Likes
DWDennis

I have the same issue. I only notice it on ABC and only through Verizon.  Total distortion in rear speakers... channel is unwatchable through Fios. If I go through Roku... no issue. The issue came up when I swapped in new boxes.  Can't find any resolution other than using a different service

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for this inconvenience. This has been referred internally to our engineering team who is working on figuring out what the issue is.

We will keep you updated.

Thank you.  

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
jonnyl1

I'm having the exact same issue described above and its driving me nuts!  At first I just noticed it on my TV that has surround sound, so I figured it was a problem with Sonos.  But since then I realized its happening on all of my TVs, the rest of which I just use the built-in speakers.    On the TV with surround sound, the buzzing coming out of the rear speakers makes watching ABC (507) unbearable.   I've had about 8 different technicians come out to try to fix this same problem.   First they replaced my DVR, which didn't help.   They've since replaced all of my splitters, replaced my ONT and it's power supply, removed (and restored) the grounding on the ONT's power supply, connected a grounding cable directly to the first splitter and physically moved the ONT further away from my electrical panel (thinking it was interference) - all to no avail.   However, my most recent technician (today) thinks he's narrowed down the cause (which is outside of my house) and has piqued the interest of some other engineering groups within Verizon who are now looking into it.    Anyone else with the same experience should post the details here - the more customer cases this issue has the more attention it will get.    Wishing us all luck!

Here are some videos I recorded that demonstrate the buzzing.  This is on a Samsung TV using just the built-in speakers:   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2trt0if05rctqpx/verizon%20audio1.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux7y68jbj9tw9hl/verizon%20audio2.mov?dl=0

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you jonnyl, 

I have sent these over to the network team for further investigation. 

We apologize for this inconvenience. The team is troubleshooting this and will let us know their findings. 

We will keep you posted on their findings. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
KeithBjk

My mom's having the same issues.  Just spent a couple hours there trying to fix it.  It only happens for ABC / 507 for live tv and dvr recorded shows.  It occurs on all three boxes... 1 hd media server and 2 hd boxes.  The audio plays fine though when viewing the show from On Demand. 

Steps I've tried to fix the issue...

- Tried the set-top box "Fix Fios" troubleshooter. 

- Rebooted the ONT. 

- Changed every single audio setting hoping that maybe it was some random setting. 

- Reset the settings back to default and rebooted the boxes.   

- I changed the audio settings on all three tvs and tried stereo, mono and surround. 

- Reset the tv settings back to their defaults. 

- Tried new hdmi cables. 

- Tried the hdmi cables in different slots on the tv.

- Replaced the splitter and coaxial cables.

- Rebooted the boxes and the ONT... again.

Nothing worked.

It's only one channel and from on-air broadcast so doubt it's a hardware issue in the home.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had everything replaced by Verizon, ONT, splitters, boxes (Fios one), all wire, even have a new AV receiver, no change. Get distortion using tv's built in speakers, the AV system, analog outs from the Fios One, optical outs from the Fios One, HDMI from the Fios One. Does it on all 3 tv's I own. The last tech that came said the signal was very hot, but adding another splitter didn't effect the sound. I'm beginning to wonder if a firmware update caused it, or the providers and verizon are adding more compression to save bandwith. Whatever the cause this needs to be addressed, not dismissed because some techs cant hear it.

Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our network team is actively looking into this and have all the information they need at this time. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We apologize for this inconvenience. We will keep you posted on their findings. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Over a week now and still no response from Fios on this issue. Also found the Fios One box only outputs Dolby Digital via HDMI. Cannot be changed in the service menu to LPCM as this only passes stereo. Pass thru option does nothing, so you never get the actual sound from anything you watch as I used to from the older boxes.