Re: Audio noise-distortion!
Silver_Ace

You (Verizon) have been "looking into it" for months! When will you FIX it?!  Everything was fine until Verizon chznged my STB. Now I have the audio distortion.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I firmly believe the source of the problem is Verizon using Dolby Audio compression on sources that are already heavily compressed. They will not give up on this practice,  so the problem will never get resolved.

EJE1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any resolution to this issue.  Problem as described has just started on one of my TV’s.  Either no sound or the distortion described in these posts.  Unplugging the FIOS box and having it reboot fixes the problem temporarily.  After a couple of days, problem resurfaces.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe there is now an audio passthrough option in the menu that may help somewhat. It came with the latest firmware update supposedly. Look for that in audio options.

EJE1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  Will give it a try.

Barkey1

Yes i have same problem

0 Likes
CaliGirl02

I have been having this same issue for two months now - continuous buzzing sound from cable on Frontier Fios formerly Verizon Fios. Not one tech support person has fixed the problem nor did the one who came in person! And no one seems to care enough to investigate and fix it. It was ok for five years and then started two months ago. It’s with Frontier Fios not with my TVs, both under five years old. As soon as this coronavirus quarantine is over I’ll be switching carriers!! Ridiculous. 

0 Likes
BonG11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, for me some channels have hotter audio than others. I also got a lot of distortion on some audio, to the point that I just replaced the tv thinking I had a blown speaker. The distortion went away, but the audio levels from channel to channel, and among various inputs, still varies quite a bit. I now am thinking about a sound bar to improve the dialog audio so my wife doesn’t turn up the volume and damage the new tv. Anyone recommend a sound bar for my Visio tv to improve dialog audio?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BonG1 wrote:

Yeah, for me some channels have hotter audio than others. I also got a lot of distortion on some audio, to the point that I just replaced the tv thinking I had a blown speaker. The distortion went away, but the audio levels from channel to channel, and among various inputs, still varies quite a bit. I now am thinking about a sound bar to improve the dialog audio so my wife doesn’t turn up the volume and damage the new tv. Anyone recommend a sound bar for my Visio tv to improve dialog audio?

Have you tried: Menu>Settings>Audio and Video>Audio>Dynamic Range, set it to heavy and it will help the channel to channel volume issues and bring up the dialog levels.

frankaty

It only happens when commercial are transmitted

0 Likes