Audio out of Sync with Video on FIOS TV
FrankE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey folks...anyone else have issues with audio not being in sync with video?  If so, any resolution??  Most days is like watching a bad Godzilla movie...getting pretty annoying.  Have a  friend who has the same issue...called Verizon...got nowhere since they had never heard of the issue before.  Before i go down that rathole wondering if anyone has had the issues...and actually gotten it resolved.

Re: Audio out of Sync with Video on FIOS TV
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

I recorded "Lost" and it was out of sync, but that was the only time. (thankfully)

good luck

sharkman

0 Likes
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

I also get the "Godzilla-Effect" occasionally (not that often). It tends to happen to me when I'm watching a show that's currently being DVR'd. Sometimes it helps to change the channel and then go back the offending channel. More times than not, this will get the audio back in sync for me. It's those "not" times that make my blood boil. Curious to hear if you get anywhere in the rat hole. Good luck.

0 Likes
CCandBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem every once in a while.  Changing the channel sometimes works and turning the STB off and back on always seems to correct it.  I've seen audio sync issues posted many times before (just search the forum for "audio sync"); however, I haven't bothered to read them in detail to see if it is a known bug or whether there is a permanent fix available because my fix works.  Since it only happens a couple of times a month and I have other issues that I'd rather have addressed, I'm not dwelling on this one.  I'm a bit surprised that the FIOS techs haven't heard of it.

0 Likes
ClarksonCote

Yeah, I have this problem too.  Seems fairly prevalent.  Hoping Verizon solves it sooner rather than later.  I've heard that they're going to be rolling out new STB's later this year from Cisco (?) and I'm hoping they're using the latest and greatest technology and standards to help ensure this doesn't happen.

Your TV may also haven something to do with it.  LG TV's are particularly susceptible.  If you have an HDTV that's LG brand, you can call and tell them about the problem, and they usually provide a firmware update to resolve most issues.  There's still some on Verizon's end though.

0 Likes