Auto Fix failed / VOD cable card info screen
kdesir78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well 3 receivers so far and the problem persists. I though I would see what the gurus on here have to say before I call Verizon again. 

I got installed last week and everything is good so far but the one HD QIP7100 box I have keeps giving me the cable card info screen when I try to watch something on demand.  Now the funny thing is the program does start and plays, but the cable card info screen on up for about 4 mins before it disappears and I can watch the program fine.  But it's starting to get annoying that everything I try and watch, I get the info screen for 4 mins.  I have tried to manually reset the box numerous times and have also tried the In Home agent but that just give me the following error:

Auto fix failed for Hi Def Box in TW-AP (S/N)

Inconvenience regretted

- Due to some temporary problems, we are unable to process all or few of your request(s) right now.  Please try again after some time.

Also should mention that the connection is being split to the HD STB and the verizon router (this is the same connection and setup used for Comcast).  I believe that the verizon tech installed one of their own 2-way splitters rated at 5-1000Mhz.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto Fix failed / VOD cable card info screen
kdesir78
Enthusiast - Level 2

All fixed.  Verizon had to deactivate the box then reactivate it again.  I had to unplug the box to get the reactivation to go through.  Cable card info is now gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

write down the host id cable id and data id that flash on your screen.  this particular problem you will need to share that with a verizon employee because they will have to "validate" the cable box.   they will need that info to validate.

@kdesir78 wrote:

Well 3 receivers so far and the problem persists. I though I would see what the gurus on here have to say before I call Verizon again. 

I got installed last week and everything is good so far but the one HD QIP7100 box I have keeps giving me the cable card info screen when I try to watch something on demand.  Now the funny thing is the program does start and plays, but the cable card info screen on up for about 4 mins before it disappears and I can watch the program fine.  But it's starting to get annoying that everything I try and watch, I get the info screen for 4 mins.  I have tried to manually reset the box numerous times and have also tried the In Home agent but that just give me the following error:

Auto fix failed for Hi Def Box in TW-AP (S/N)

Inconvenience regretted

- Due to some temporary problems, we are unable to process all or few of your request(s) right now.  Please try again after some time.

Also should mention that the connection is being split to the HD STB and the verizon router (this is the same connection and setup used for Comcast).  I believe that the verizon tech installed one of their own 2-way splitters rated at 5-1000Mhz.

0 Likes
kdesir78
Enthusiast - Level 2

All fixed.  Verizon had to deactivate the box then reactivate it again.  I had to unplug the box to get the reactivation to go through.  Cable card info is now gone.

0 Likes