Auto Record based on a Key Word Search or Saved Search
brb408wpb

I've seen some old requests on how can one auto record programs based on a key word, saved search, favorite team, etc.  I have not seen an answer as to whether this is over going to be feature.  Is it?  If so when?  Or if I can do it now, how do I do it?  DirecTV has has many of these features for years.  I am beginning to regret the switch for TV service, but I do love the FiOS internet.

0 Likes
Re: Auto Record based on a Key Word Search or Saved Search
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi!

Actually, you can use the search feature in your guide. Just press Menu and go to search and you can search for a program by keywords there. Once you find the program you're looking for, you can click on it and set it to record either as a series recording or a one time recording instead. We hope that this helps you as for the search function.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Likes
brb408wpb

This only let's you record a program if it is a series.  Let's say you are a Boston Celtics fan.  You want FiOS to record any game that has the Boston Celtics in the description.  How do I have a saved search for Boston Celtics record any game that comes on in the future without having to run the search and select the games.  DirecTV did this.  I believe TiVo called this a league pass or something.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Oh ok. We do apologize! The guide is very basic and so this feature would not be available at this time. It's a good idea however that we can share with the developers. For that, we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Likes