Re: Auto-Tune to HD channels not working
LBNKW

Any luck fixing this?  I’m also having the same issue!! 

0 Likes
Workaround to restore "Auto Tune to HD Channel" capability?
Davezon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Auto Tune feature to start working again by doing the following for the media client (STB):

Settings --> System --> Favorite Channels --> Flip by Favorites and then select "All Channels" (ie, instead of Favorites 1 or Favorites 2)

Note: Verizon support was useless for this problem. They ended up sending me a new STB which worked for a while (ie, until I went thru and manually selected the rest of my desired settings). Must be a recently introduced firmware bug (I'm seeing the same problem - and workaround fix - on multiple STBs).

Release: APR-6.5

Build Number, etc.: 24.18, 24.18, 24.12

Re: Workaround to restore "Auto Tune to HD Channel" capability?
Timeout11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dave,

Thanks so much for sharing your solution.  I tried it on all 3 of my TV's and it works perfectly!      Bravo!!!

0 Likes
Davezon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad I could help you and others.   Hopefully Verizon will fix this bug soon.

Dave

0 Likes
Alex4707
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dave, Worked for me also, kudos!

0 Likes
dropp

Yes, this corrected the Auto Tune to HD problem, but compomises elsewhere. Now when I singularly flip thru channels, I must go thru every channel offered in my TV package before I get to my Favorite channel I want to see.

Overall, it's still broke.

0 Likes
Davezon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, it's a workaround - not a fix (unfortunately).  At least you know it is not a problem with one of you boxes (I had one STB that had the Auto Tune problem and three that didn't so thought it was a box problem and so did Verizon - but obviously it was due to the one box having a different Flip setting).

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread has an accepted solution for a workaround to a specific auto-tune issue, please keep posts on-topic concerning that issue.  If you are experiencing a different issue, please feel free to join one of the other threads discussing that issue, if one exists, or start a new thread.  Thanks.

0 Likes
LaRue511

i hope the guy who did the firmware for the last update  that wipe out "auto tune to HD"  didn't  work on the 737 Max firmware

0 Likes
MSRFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I decided to call FIOS support to "add my voice" because the problem is easy to explain, easy to reproduce.  And the workaround does work, but the drawback is when you set favorites to "All Channels", then you get all channels when using the up-down channel buttons.  Yuck!

Anyhow, I got lucky to have gotten a decent representative who didn't attempt to say it is all my fault, he listened, then reached out to a back office group, and came back to tell me that they are aware of the problem and there is a patch to fix it in an upcoming release.  He couldn't tell me how long it will take for that patch to make it out to the live world, but at least we know this problem will get fixed eventually.