BEWARE WHEN CALLING VERIZON!!!
bookwurm165
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the number listed on my television for Verizon tonight, after the Hunger Games cut out, two times, at the exact same point. This is the Verizon phone number. 1-800-837-Verizon. The person who answered my call said that because of technical difficulties I was going to receive a $100 gift card and that the price of the video would be refunded. I had to pay a $3 processing fee. I asked that the fee be placed on my account but was told that couldn't be done because the system was down. So I gave them my card number and then was given a long spiel about how I would receive an offer for monthly discounts on shopping. At this time, I realized something was up. I asked the man, REPEATEDLY, if he was a Verizon employee. REPEATEDLY he told me that he was and that I was speaking to VERIZON!! I asked to have the $3 processing fee refunded and was told that could not be done becasue it had already been processed. After arguing with the man for about 5 minutes I was finally transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor admitted that he was not working for Verizon, that they were NOT verizon employees. He said that because the Verizon system was receiving so many calls tonight the call was forwarded to a promotions company named Smart Shopper Savings. What a devious practice on behalf of Verizon AND this company to forward customer calls, say that they are Verizon employees and then to attempt to scam them into another purchase. At this time I have been on hold for over a half hour attempting to get through to a REAL VERIZON employee!! BEWARE WHEN CALLING A VERIZON PHONE NUMBER!!! I am absolutely FURIOUS with Verizon right now for their deceptive practices!!

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE WHEN CALLING VERIZON!!!
saradeb1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should report that to the Better Business Bureau.  That is unacceptable.  I have been waiting over 2 hours at this point to get through to a Verison rep.  

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the troubles with calling in. 1-800-837-VERIZON is not a Verizon telephone number I am aware of. Please use 1-800-VERIZON whenever needing to contact Verizon for any issues. The rental period is generally 24-48 hours. If there were server problems going on at the time you were watching them, please try again as it should go through. Please reply back if further help is needed.

soulada

I feel for you.  I thought a 15 or 20 minute wait  on the phone was a bit much.  Thank you for taking the time to post.  Maybe if enough of us relate to Verizon our terrible experiences with their service they might do something to improve.

I can't wait until the next problem I have.  It may be the last, if you know what I mean.

0 Likes