Back-to-back recordings with set to end 5 minutes late don't do so
willdude
Enthusiast - Level 2
This may or may not be related to a thread I just posted (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/No-Treme-recording-tonight/td-p/192984), but it's a problem I've noticed and thought I'd point it out while I'm here. I usually set DVR recordings to end 5 minutes late since things tend to get cut off. However, if I have two separate recordings scheduled back-to-back on the same channel, with both set to end 5 minutes late, neither ends 5 minutes late. This isn't really a problem for the first recording, but it is for the second. For example: On Sundays, The Pacific airs 9-10pm and Treme airs 10-11pm on HBO. I have both set to record and end 5 minutes late, so in theory, both recordings should come out at 1:05, with 5 mintues overlapping in between the two. However, in reality, both recordings only end up being 1 hour. This isn't a problem for the first recording, since the extra 5 minutes are at the beginning of the second recording. But the second recording isn't going the extra 5 minutes I intended, and thus clips something at the end usually.
0 Likes
Re: Back-to-back recordings with set to end 5 minutes late don't do so
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I dont know about this situation exactly but I may have a work-around.

On important shows, I dont rely on the guide to set up my recordings. Too frequently there is some kind of error on the guide that will cause a show not to record. So on important shows, I just set manual recordings.

So for example if I have one show at 9p on HBO (899) and another at 10p on Friday nights. I will just go into manual recording settings and set a manual recording to record channel 899 from 9p to 11:15p, weekly on Friday nights. Then regardless of what the guide says, I'll get the recording. Its a bit more work, but when I want to make sure I get it, I dont take any chances.

0 Likes