Backup Battery Replacement HowTo
HaroldWho

Has anyone posted a picture, a video, or even a clear set of instructions for replacing the battery in the BBU? My battery is positioned behind a molded plastic "hold-down" ridge, and there's not a lot of room to maneuver it, or even remove the connectors.

TIA

HaroldWho

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Battery Replacement HowTo
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

HaroldWho,

This may not be the exact setup you have, but the same principle will apply:

1.) First, make sure the screw on the right-hand side of the battery backup has been removed.

2.) Once you have removed the screw, grab the left-hand side of the cover panel. There are two tabs that must be pressed in.

3.) Once the tabs are depressed, pull the panel out and then up.

4.) This will expose the battery. There is a tab on each side of the battery. You don’t have to pull these apart, simply turn the battery to the side and slide it out.

5.) Once you have removed the battery, disconnect the leads from the top of the battery.

6.) Note: This process is not accurate for all types of BBUs currently deployed, but is close enough for all but MDU and SOHO installations

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

HaroldWho,

This may not be the exact setup you have, but the same principle will apply:

1.) First, make sure the screw on the right-hand side of the battery backup has been removed.

2.) Once you have removed the screw, grab the left-hand side of the cover panel. There are two tabs that must be pressed in.

3.) Once the tabs are depressed, pull the panel out and then up.

4.) This will expose the battery. There is a tab on each side of the battery. You don’t have to pull these apart, simply turn the battery to the side and slide it out.

5.) Once you have removed the battery, disconnect the leads from the top of the battery.

6.) Note: This process is not accurate for all types of BBUs currently deployed, but is close enough for all but MDU and SOHO installations

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chris

HaroldWho

My sincere thanks for your reply with pix. You're right, my BBU isn't quite the same, but with your example I think I'm up to the task.

Thanks again.

HW

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

It's my pleasure, friend!  Let us know how you make out with that!

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes