Bad Channel Guide for DVR?
snuckleton2

I am puzzled as to why my DVR continues to record the same program episodes over and over again.  This happens even when the description of the episode is very specific to that particular episode - rather than a generic description of the series.

This seems like such an easy thing to fix - why is this still a problem on FIOS?

I've changed most of my series recordings to record only one or 2 episodes since otherwise I'd end up with a long list of identical recordings.

I'm still fondly remembering my old Tivo Series one Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Bad Channel Guide for DVR?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@snuckleton2 wrote:

I am puzzled as to why my DVR continues to record the same program episodes over and over again.  This happens even when the description of the episode is very specific to that particular episode - rather than a generic description of the series.

This seems like such an easy thing to fix - why is this still a problem on FIOS?

I've changed most of my series recordings to record only one or 2 episodes since otherwise I'd end up with a long list of identical recordings.

I'm still fondly remembering my old Tivo Series one Smiley Sad

It sounds like your series recording options are not set to record only first-run shows and only on the channel set.  You might want to check these settings.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Channel Guide for DVR?
snuckleton2

Some of the offending series are "First run and repeats" but all are "selected channel"  But even with "First run and repeats", why would it record the same show several times?  By this I mean that several identical copies reside on the DVR at the same time. 

Tivo has a feature where it won't record an episode if it already recorded it in the past 30 days.  It would be nice to have that too.

0 Likes